April 25, 2013

#throwbackthursday about a girl named jane

i was curious to see how i would look in a chronological order...
too bad i couldn't do a decade rewind {couldn't find pictures pre-2005}

^^^i took this picture on my birthday in 2005. i turned 27 years old and thought that age was kinda cool.^^^

^^^this was a warm summer day in 2006. piri had come to live with me in new york. it was a new chapter in my life. i turned 28 this year.^^^

^^^i turned 29 in 2007. it was also the year when i chopped my hair off. even though i told myself i would never do this again.. i grew my hair out and chopped it off again in 2009 right after my wedding.^^^

^^^2008 - the year i turned 30 and the year yangkyu proposed. this picture was right before our trip to bear mountain in new york. piri hated taking pictures then. he still hates it now.^^^

^^^i turned 31 in 2009, the year i got married. this was taken during our engagement shoot in times square.^^^

^^^starting yet another chapter in my life. we moved to washington dc 2010 and i turned 32 years old.^^^

^^^2011. the shortest my hair has been since college when i sported a boyish do. i'm still trying to grow my hair out to this day. i turned 33 this year. it was also the year we spent our 2nd anniversary in orlando.^^^

^^^i turned 34 in 2012 and finally decided to try lipstick.^^^

^^^it's 2013. i'll turn 35 this year. i remember when i turned 25. i told myself.. wow i'm closer to 30 than i am 20. i guess this time around, i'll be closer to 40 than 30.^^^


you know what i find out about myself as each year passes? 
i am still learning. 
i look back to how i was a year ago and can't believe how much i am still growing and maturing.

xoxo, 
jane

26 comments

  1. So fun to see you through the years! I think most gals chop there hair off after their weddings. Strange phenomena. And, how can Piri not like having his picture taken??!! He's a stud on Instagram. ;)

    I had that same realization at age 25 too... 'Here comes thirty!' Now, I'm over that hump too. lol. I guess we just keep getting older. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a strange phenomena! here's to years of getting wiser? :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I love your curls in your Times Square pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i wish i can have those curls every day! they're fun!

      Delete
  3. I like this post. It's so nice to see you year after year. I remember when I went past 30, I started forgetting my age. When they ask for it, I'd have to pause and think, sometimes calculating the date of my birth with the present year. Does this happen to you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i wish i could've started from 2003! :) i definitely started forgetting how old was starting from when i turned 31. i remember my mom used to be like that when i was a kid and wondered, how can anyone forget their age?!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing you through the years - that photo of you during the engagement shoot is just so great because you look genuinely happy. It's amazing. You guys have done a lot! It's crazy to me that we are getting to this age where all these things were supposed to happen. (at least what we thought when we were 21)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yes totally. i still blink and think.. wow.. i'm doing adult things. and each year i'm more confident about the things i do in my life, but then a year passes and i think... wow how little did i know. :)

      Delete
  5. You are ageless, you still look the same! My early teens were an embarassment image-wise, so I'm not going to be doing this anytime soon haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) oh yes yes.. i don't think i would want to visit my awkward teen years :)

      Delete
  6. that is so crazy - you look the same thorughout the years! i would have never guessed you are in your 30s. you are beautiful! cheers to an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe you're in your thirties. You look like you could be in my college classes.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grow and chop, grow and chop..haha. I like the short shag!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! when i grow my hair out long again, i'll probably miss the short do! :)

      Delete
  9. Jane I love this! i had no idea you were going to hit the mid-thirty mark this year. you are just lovely, in all ways, and i hope this is your greatest year, yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you~~ hope it'll be my greatest year yet as well :)

      Delete
  10. Learning is the best part about getting older. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a beautiful woman! Agreed, the one thing I've learned over the years is that I'm still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so pretty, Jane! Also, I had no idea you were to turn 35 soon -- I thought we were closer in age for some reason! I love looking back at old pictures of myself, to see how much I've changed physically and mentally. Have a great weekend!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  13. What a lovely and sentimental look back on the past 5 or so years. Still lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you~ i can't believe how fast time has passed!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.