August 20, 2013

thrifting adventures - these frames had my name all over them

last friday, yangkyu and i headed over to goodwill to see if anything would catch our eye and these wonderful frames had my name all over them.

i picked up a bunch and decided to give them a quick makeover by spray painting them white {i used krylon - gloss white -- it was a bottle leftover from this wishing tree i made for a friend's babyshower}

i really like how they turned out. i have a couple more drying on my balcony right now. the two square ones i really love, but for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to undo the back so i decided not to use them. 

i may have to look for more frames depending on what kind of collage look i eventually want. but i think this process is going just fine. kinda excited! wall collage, here i come! 


and as always, i'm inspired by wendy over at young heart and her thrifted tuesdays

xoxo, 
jane

17 comments

  1. Ooh wow, good find! They turned out really well, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice frames you have found Jane c:
    I'd have turn some of them into a nice
    pastel color! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, nice find! I'm super exited for the end result :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wall collage sounds delightful! good job picking out the frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shopping at good will.. you can find the best things there for cheap. These frames turned out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great find! I'm wanting to create a gallery wall myself, but didn't think to paint thrifted frames. Such a clever idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful idea! Buy a bunch of inexpensive mis matching frames and spray them all white. And thanks for letting us know what spray paint you used.

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! They look awesome! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see your wall collage, Jane:) I love how creative you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to do that too! Reusing objects by painting them of a neutral color, preferably white. I love white. White houses, white decor (..)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful frames! I love how easy they are to thrift, and then you made them so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job! Can't wait to see what they look like on your walls!

    www.dreamerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these frames turned out so lovely! Great job putting them together and painting them. Gotta love those thrift store finds! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love how you turned vintage frames into something chic!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So awesome! this has been something I've been meaning to do for the longest time! They turned out really great - i love it! I just came across your blog, and I'm so glad I did - will be following! xo

    Jessica
    cocoandmingo.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.