September 16, 2013

a golden saturday: standing in a field of sunflowers


oh man. weekends go by too quickly. and mornings and evenings are getting chilly! i got the shivers!


inbetween running errands, cooking and the cleaning, we packed up our little hatchback again and headed over to jarrettsville in maryland to view sunflowers owned by clear meadow farm. they were beeeautiful {i have to add the extra e's to emphasis just how beautiful they were}. our jaws literally dropped when we turned the street and saw a huge field with golden sunflowers.

^^ we've been taking piri to show him different things - like the beach and the trails. it's fun explaining things to him and him having the face expression like he couldn't care less. like above. oh boy. does this little guy make me laugh or what. ^^ 

^^ we even whipped out the tripod. the scene was just too pretty. thank goodness for self timers and understanding bystanders. ^^


we missed out on sunflower viewings at other locations but thankfully clear meadow farm plants them a bit later and can be viewed in mid-september. there is still one more weekend left for viewing, although i would call to make sure. 

cute moment: one little boy wanted to take a picture of his parents and he was guiding them on how to pose. he told his papa to put his arms around mama. it was the cutest thing ever. budding photographer i tell ya.

^^ i can watch this guy smile all day. ^^ 


thanks clear meadow farm for a beautiful saturday! we will remember it forever! 

xoxo, 
jane


25 comments

  1. so gorgeous!! and the tripod moments hahaha I totally understand, I do the same sometimes :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! Oh my and your yellow shoes amongst the sunflowers, I love it. It's just too cute. You guys have the most beautiful little family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove the photos that you and Yangkyu took with the tripod! Suuuper cute!!! Tks for sharing this sunflower site. I only knew of one, Macbeers Sheers (I'm butchering the name). And they have peak bloom in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I loooooove sunflower field pictures! This is so lovely! And you have the cutest little dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers - I can only imagine what this looks like in real life. Love that your ballet flats match and YES! weekends go by wayyy to quickly. xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  6. a golden day indeed! sunflowers are one of my favourites! i adore how you matched your shoes to the pretty flowers. looks like a perfect day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...my...gosh! Sunflower heaven! I so wanna see something like this someday. And I love all the pics of the two of you....so adorable:)
    Have a fab Monday, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah i'm so happy for you!!
    that looks really sweet and fun! And i know that Piri shows that couldn't care less but trust me she (or he?) is definitely happy to be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful field! There is something so positively cheery and vibrant about sunflowers!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! I wish I knew of a spot of this near me. Piri is such a funny little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an amazing day!! I came across a small sunflower field on my way upstate this weekend and they are absolutely breathtaking! What beautiful photos, Piri is so lucky to have parents to take him to so many beautiful places :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful! Piri looks like he had fun :-) Hope I get to visit a sunflower farm one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little adventures always look so splendid! I love flowers and nothing sounds better than adventuring around a massive patch of beautiful ones with my pup and man in tow! Looks like such a happy weekend ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a gorgeous sunflower field!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh so pretty..
    and i love your shoes..

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is definitely the perfect spot for a photo shoot. Although... Piri looks like he preferred Philly more :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is amazing!!!
    I constantly dream of a place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a gorgeous place, i love the field of sunflowers!! i just bought some recently and they are so bright and cheery. and i love your polka dot pants and yellow flats, my kind of style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! I have always dreamt of having a photoshoot in the middle of a sunflower field. So dreamy! And how perfect were your shoes for the occasion too? :)

    Also -- Piri is absolutely adorable! Reminds me so much of my pup from my childhood. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty place! You guys snapped some seriously cute pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gazing at sunflower farms can immediately put a smile in someone's face. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG your dog is wearing shoes! I can't take it, it's too cute! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shut up! You guys are so cute!
    What kind of shoes is Piri wearing? I want to get Maggie & Kodi some now!

    -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's wearing shoes called pawz! we get ours on amazon.com!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.