October 28, 2013

a weekend full of non-stop sneezes and other things {like moonrise kingdom, an awesomely cute film}

hello! what a crazy weekend it was. i think i spend all saturday sneezing my head off. you know when you sneeze like three times in a row? yeah. i had that the entire day. but i got to drink a pot of ginger tea. that was my mama's go-to home remedy in relieving colds and soar throats. it's magic.

despite the sneezing spell, we managed to squeeze in our usual errands and a trip to michael's {for some diy projects}, bed, bath and beyond {for more baking even though i clearly don't have a talent for it} and my favorite place in dc - eastern market. we went to the sunday flea market and came across some really great vintage pieces {although we didn't buy anything}. we also grabbed some dc donuts {their mini ones are so good} before rushing back home to piri.

and finally {!} we cozied up in front of the tv with some popcorn and nachos and watched moonrise kingdom. to everyone who told me that this was a great movie - you really weren't kidding! it was such a sweet, odd and beautiful flick. i have never felt the urge to actually visit the places where a movie was filmed until this one. and oh the awesome, awkward and introverted personalities in the movie made me feel giddy {i'm so awkward and introverted}. and i couldn't help but crush on suzy's mom's sweater cardigan. i need to find me one!  

hope your weekend was filled with adventure! these are just some pictures from around our home from the weekend. 

22 comments

  1. Piri looks so happy next to his pumpkin portrait! And I'm glad you loved Moonrise Kingdom. Have you seen the trailers for Wes Anderson's new movie? I'm a huge fan, so I'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ginger tea! It does help every time I feel not-so-good.
    And yes to anything that Wes Anderson has done, although I'm still pissed that I've only seen half of Moonrise Kingdom as our movie network took it off before I had the chance to finish it:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how that movie is, maybe we need to watch it!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow tulips are beautiful! & I also drink ginger tea when I'm starting to feel a bit under the weather too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relaxing, beautiful tulips and watching Moonrise Kingdom. Sounds like the perfect time (besides all that sneezing) ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I love in every Wes Anderson's movie is its color palette and Moonrise Kingdom is not an exception either, I m glad u like it:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend sounds like it was wonderfully productive minus the sneezing. The photo of Piri with the pumpkins is just precious!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really want to watch that movie now! sounds and looks like a wonderful weekend. love that donut pan! i have a mini one that i don't use nearly often enough x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better Jane c: Ah, you really
    got me curios about this movie 'Moonrise Kingdom'
    sounds like a great fantasy movie already c: Love
    the random pictures. Are you going to make
    donuts?? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope to make donuts but we'll see how they turn out! ;)

      Delete
  10. I think donuts make everything better. I always adore pictures of your pooch- so adorable. :) happy monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I have been wanting to see that movie. And did you carve the dog pumpkin so cool!

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I hope you're feeling better, Jane! I'm glad you still had a productive, creative weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A weekend told through photos - I love it. Moonlight Kingdom is one of my favorite movies, it's so cute! Hope the sneezes go away! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Piri sniffing the flower vase is such a great photo! And a part of me almost loves having the sniffles and having to lounge on the sofa all day long ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I still have to watch moonrise kingdom! And I love the photos of the tulips and your pup. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh I love Tulips esp the blissful yellow ones! Reading & seeing these over the weekend photos made me feel all warm & cozy inside~ Those jack o lanterns are seriously some work of art! The Piri one is so on point ;)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you feel better soon! I love those beautiful yellow tulips. Isn't that movie the best? I actually just suggested it as a Halloween couple's costume. It's so sweet and the love story is unique & quirky. Hugs, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's my mom's cure-all as well - feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Moonrise Kingdom!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I hope you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a fun-filled weekend! :)
    I'll have to check out that movie, I'm always looking for Netflix recommendations.... Hope you're feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.