October 23, 2013

five red apples hanging in a tree. the juiciest apples you ever did see. the wind came by and gave an angry frown. and one little apple came tumbling down.

we haz apples in the house! half are already gone. they were just so juicy and after sharing with piri and using some for juicing, we looked and our pile was down by half. oops. not sure if we're gonna be able to make that preserve. we'll see!

this past weekend we headed over to homestead farm in poolesville, md. this by far is the most family friendly farms i've ever seen. so huge with lots of sprawling land. oh and a llama. and goats and hens and little piglets. so cute. the llama just kept chewing away not minding the humans going aww and ahh and ohhh. {i love llamas}

we picked a bunch of fuji apples because they are our favorite and brought home three pumpkins with us. we wanted to try their caramel apple and just chill for a while but by the time we picked, took pictures and said hello to the animals we were a little tired. 

but we hope to come back. we saw little christmas trees growing {so excited to see them!}. we were thinking of picking our own tree this year so perhaps we'll come back in early december. 

thanks homestead farm for such a swell time! 


19 comments

  1. I know the flowers are not the 'main character' of the post, but still I love that picture the most;-) But everything looks like a lovely, small adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful!! I can't wait to go on a fruit farm/orchard... trying to wait patiently for strawberry season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple picking looks sooo fun - and sounds delicious too, much better than store bought! Hope you still get to make your jam, otherwise, time to go back for more! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah what a great post and rhyme! I love going apple picking my mom went with my nephews last Monday on the holiday but I couldn't go b/c I had to work : ( but heading to the Lucky Fabb conference so hopefully this will make up for it.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. conference sounds neat! definitely makes up for it!

      Delete
  5. The photo of mums (red flowers) is my favorite. Glad to know this farm has lots of land. Maybe we'll check out this farm. We usually go to Butlers Orchard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pics, Jane. My mom had gone two times already this season for apple-picking, and kept telling us to do it. Must really take the kiddos soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun apple picking trip! I haven't been in so many years and I'm totally missing it now after looking at your fab photos.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  8. my friend recently went apple picking in ny, and she absolutely loved it. seeing your pics and how gorgeous of a trip it must have been, makes me want to hop on the bandwagon! my search begins now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! I want to go! The colors you captured are perfect for Fall. And you saw a llama, too! Total coolness. My fave apples are the honey crisps from Michigan. Every time I go visit my in-laws, I make sure to try them. They're super good. Hugs, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Amazing - and what beauty! I love all the red going on (with the apples and barns) - makes me so happy :) I'm so glad you guys had a good time! Did you bring Piri?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no unfortunately the orchard didn't allow dogs! bummers. but we got to share lots of apples with him after we came back.

      Delete
  11. Looks like so much fun! It's the perfect fall activity. I've been wanting to go with my love. And you guys are so cute as always. Love the photos and the new blog design! Did you do it yourself? -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes i did it myself and had yangkyu help with some coding.

      Delete
  12. this is just gorgeous! the colours. so pretty. this post is autumn in a nutshell x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pictures are amazing!!! :) Love them! The last one with the two Instax mini has become a favorite, Jane you look so cute there. And yei, Fuji's are also my favorite apples. Wish there were farms like this one here in Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky... My mouth is watering. Pretty shots!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.