January 29, 2014

a day with piri.

somewhere between myspace and facebook, i was addicted to something called cyworld. it was a similar type of social media platform created in korea that was widely popular. on it i had a little section called "a day with piri" or in korean "피리와 하루". there i wrote stories that happened during our outings or just little thoughts, wishes and hopes that i had for the dude. {i am currently trying to figure out my login email and password so i can retrieve those entries}

ever since switching over to facebook, my entries for "a day with piri" stopped. i tried to revive it through tumblr, and while earlier posts started out great, it slowly became a place where i ended up recycling photos i posted to instagram and not really about writing what happened during my day with piri.

i hope to revive it here and take a bit more original pictures as well. he means a world to me, and i want to be able to look back and smile at our daily interactions and moments that we shared. and in the future, i plan on making it into a little photo book titled {of course} a day with piri/피리와 하루, as a keepsake. 

i've been thinking a lot about what i used to do with my past social media platforms and old blogs. i used to also feature non-profits that i loved, week in reviews using my instagram photos designed with text and cute arrows and doodles... hopefully this little nudging will let me think of new blogging topics and revive old ones i used to enjoy. 

but in the meantime, i hope you'll enjoy "a day with piri/피리와 하루" as much as i enjoy writing about them. 

do you do any journaling for your pets? please share! 

// linking up with blogpaws wordless wednesday bloghop. 

24 comments

  1. YES to anything that involves more Piri!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I used to keep a very active handwritten journal of Louie but that has changed to me taking bazillion photos of her instead. I hope I too, can merge the two medias (writing & photographs) so I can look back on our memories one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. That face is too precious. As I get older I try to cherish and document times I spend with loved ones more in a hope that 10 or 20 years down the road I know I will thoroughly enjoy reminiscing those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely way to preserve your sweet moments with Piri. And who doesn't want to look at that cute face :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaw....we can never have enough Piri, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dog!! so cute! lucky family!

    Make sure to check out my blog, I do a combination of health, animals and fashion weekly!

    www.laurinawong.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Piri tumblr blog!! Piri makes me smile so big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read more about your gorgeous little Piri!!! Bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the blog hop to say hi. :)
    Piri is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One, I love finding my old social networks/blogs and being able to see what I was interested in. I did mostly the livejournal and xanga. Ah, memories. Two, the puppy has the sweetest face. Animals are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cutie! A day with Piri features sounds like fun! I recently came across a list of photography projects and one of the ideas was to spend one day documenting a typical day in the life of either yourself, your child, or your pet from morning until night. Such a wonderful idea and to print them up in book form would make for a nice keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really should do more journaling with regards to my pet - there's so much to write and share about him as we're getting to know each other. I now know how fur mommies feel

    ReplyDelete
  13. More Piri is always a good thing!! :)
    I always find it funny looking back on past ventures but happy to see growth as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi :) I'm Iwona and I am a blogger and illustrator :) I just found your blog, which is interesting and cute:) I really like it :) I would like to show you my blog and my illustrations and If you get a second, I' d love to hear your thoughts on topic my illustrations and blog:) I greet:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. cyworld...interesting!!! I love days with Piri, so I'm all for it!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Piri is so adorable! I can't wait to read more of your "a day with piri" posts. Capturing those memories and sharing them with us is something truly special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes definitely good idea series with Piri! Speaking of past blogs... I used to be so much fun back in 2005.... now I'm totally boring so I blog about a theme instead of personal stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea of having more daily time with Piri through dedicated posts! Go Piri! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.