January 30, 2014

from where i stand -- by macy.

// shoes: bean boots from ll bean // 

from where i stand
oliver beach, maryland. 

i hear a snowball fight. 
children asking to go sledding, snow plows taking away dreams of no school for a week.
i feel calm and excited, i long for this fluffy white stuff on a cold day.

###

submitted by macy who blogs at to travel and beyond.
thanks macy for participating!

see more from where i stand posts. 

*** click here to see how you can submit a photo as well! 
this series is inspired by the instagram hashtag #fromwhereistand

14 comments

  1. Loved the part of "taking away dreams of no school for a week". As a kid whenever it snowed in my hometown (rare in the coast side of Spain) I was always wishing: please no school tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes, and the poem of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new series! Oh my gosh, I do these photos all the time with ShuGar Boy in my belly. I'd love to contribute. This picture def differs from L.A. weather. It looks so peaceful being in that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. And I love the boots.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is a great concept. Love this series. Very cool.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for allowing me to participate! I love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much snow where she is at. I want to be there to experience this winter wonderland feeling (perhaps just briefly, too cold for me).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. Such a good reminder of the happier side of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, is this a series??!! How did I miss this? I love it by the way. -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! The sweeter side of winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot imagine getting days off school because of the weather, they use to tease us with "if it gets above 40 degrees..." I think it always stayed sneakily just below. Although in recent years we have had some epic flooding which has closed down schools but that's kind of in a whole other ball game.

    I love this series - can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.