January 29, 2014

quick! grab a copy of real simple magazine and turn to page 121.

do you read real simple magazine? if you do, you probably already saw the "you can't hurry love" feature that got your heart doing all sorts of leaps, jumps and smiles. if you don't, then grab a copy now and turn to page 121. i promise, you won't regret it. there you'll find short stories of couples who found their love after waiting 60+ years. i love reading stories like this. it's like that feeling you get when watching you've got mail or sleepless in seattle, but times 100.  

ps - thank you so much for your positive responses to the from where i stand blog post series. i look forward to receiving your pictures! 

pps - enter our giveaway with firmoo for a chance to win a pair of eyeglasses/sunglasses! closes, monday, feb. 3.

13 comments

  1. I'll grab one today when I'm out! Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading that kind of stories too. They prove that miracle truly exists despite time and distance. Very heartwarming. Moments like that remind me of a song "I couldn't ask for more" by Edwin McCain. You want to thank god for being alive for such moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of this. I may have to try and find it online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we have that magazine here :[

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read this mag a lot. Thanks for the heads up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have it here, but me also I love that sort of the stories, they warm my heart and give me hope for everything i desire or simply just make me happy knowing the life wonders are always possible:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I need to read it, pity I'm not sure where I could get it in Barcelona ;) Wow so amazing finding love after 60; I think life has a partner reserved for us no need to worry neither hurry it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so sweet. I did see this and thought the same as you! It's so lovely. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    P.S. I saw your "from where I stand" post yesterday but, I didn't get a chance to say that I would love to participate in that post with you. If you end up using mine that is. haha. I think it's such a great idea and I can't wait to see when the entire post comes together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have that magazine in my country but
    sure sounds like a heartwarming magazine c;
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great article! I absolutely love when i see elderly couples who clearly have been together nearly their whole lives. So inspiring :)

    jamielpilgrim.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. eep, so sweet, I get this goofy look on my face whenever I see elderly couples holding hands in the street!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, that looks like a maganzine I would read... too bad it's not available in the Netherlands for as far as I know :( I'm really intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hearing stories like that too, Jane! Definitely going to try and pick up this issue. I'm always a fan of Real Simple. There was one back in September of last year that I devoured haha. I really enjoyed the styling on the front page especially.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.