January 21, 2014

we were just in shorts and flip flops...

but right now this is what it looks like outside. we're expecting 4-6 inches, which i guess isn't bad compared to what other folks will be getting. still, i'm allowed to have a teeny tiny omg, drama queen snow moment right? 

ok. i'm done. 

we got in last night at 10:30 and couldn't be happier to be home in our own bed {except our pillows are not nearly as fluffy as the ones from the resort we stayed in so we'll be investing in fluffy pillows in the near future}. it was too late to pick piri up from the boarding facility but this morning we picked him up as soon as he was done with his mini grooming session. 
 // i think he has the whole "i have just met you, and i love you" look from that dog, dug, in the movie "up". don't you think? //

we're those crazy dog people that get more excited to be reunited with our pet that the dog gets bored of the celebration quicker than the humans do. piri literally gave us the "ok dudes. i'm home. chill out, " look after taking turns showered him with hugs and kisses. oh and we get a kick out of the report card that the boarding facility staff fills out for you. it says here... that piri was best friends with rosie, willow, snickers, madden and buddy and he cuddled with daisy, lizzie and maddie. hmm.. well, i guess he wasn't all by himself in the corner and instead decided to cuddle up with some lady dogs. piri, you casanova, you. 

today is going to be loading up the laundry and trying to figure out what to eat for lunch and dinner as we see the snow pile up outside. i could use a pot of coffee right about now. 

happy tuesday to you. if you're getting hit with snow today, i hope you'll get to romp around in it! 

22 comments

  1. Wahhh snow! My country is expecting snow
    soon this week! Piri looks happy and healthy ^__^
    And he sure sounds like a casanova haha!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a safe flight home! I'm also happy to hear/read that Piri got along with other dogs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I like that report card they gave! he looks so happy. can't believe it's still snowing everyyywhere while California's experiencing a DROUGHT. but it must be nice to think about the days you were in flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A doggie report card?! Oh my, how adorable. And Piri also looks quite refreshed. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you! I'm having a drama queen snow moment myself up here :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaawww....Piri is such a Don Juan:) I know it must be hard to adjust esp. after being somewhere warm. Hope you guys got the much needed rest though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are supposed to get 12 inches. I already did one round of shoveling. I am anticipating another two three rounds. So exciting to have gone to Jamaica. And love the plane shot!!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.comk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are expecting the long-awaited snow on saturday, not much left:) Good luck with getting back to the routine, which can be beautiful as well;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got hit by the snow too! It's a blizzard out there. We did manage to take a walk even though it was short. Hope you guys are staying warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back!!! ....to the cold cold snow! lol! Well, at least you had an amazing time in Jamaica and got to soak up enough sun to hopefully last through this blizzard. Piri must be SO happy to see you!! Gorgeous shots of the snow, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back! heh, i know that flip flop and shorts are the best, but i could say i wouldn't mind some snow for now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww I'm sure Piri was quite happy to see you too. Some weather you came back to! The snow is still coming down in NYC right now. We even got some on our terrace which is covered.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had snow! So jealous.

    I just finished house-sitting my friends house where I took care of their dog. I think I was sadder to say goodbye than he was. Us dog-lovers have problems but I dont mind to be honest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah! I know how you feel! I actually think I suffer just as much separation anxiety being away from my dogs as they do being separated from us! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha Piri looks as cute as Dug! Love the report card about all his lady friends :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. A report card! How stinkin' cute. Piri definitely resembles Dug in the photo above!

    And yes, you are most definitely allowed to have a drama queen snow moment. I'm having plenty over here due to the temperatures. I need you Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness a report card!! So cute Piri wasn't alone in the corner - go Piri!
    Okay I'm going to totally appreciate every bit of sun and warmth that I get from now on :) Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, all that snow! It must be quite a shock to the system after a trip to Jamaica. That is too cute that the boarding house issues report cards! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I so hope for snow!! It always looks so majestic and wonderful... until people start walking in it and everything gets grey and dirty and mushy. I'm glad you arrived safely back home, and yes!! Piri does look like the dog from up in that picture haha!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun that my first reaction was: how breautiful the snow! but after reading your text it's clear is because we almost never have snow here. It is very cute that they have report cards, great place. Hope you three can stay warm at home

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww, doggie report card? And of course Piri is a lady's man :) I mean dog

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.