February 5, 2014

the time i heard the tale of peter rabbit in the car.

i once told yangkyu that when we have kids i want to read them books. lots of books, including the tale of peter rabbit. it was a favorite growing up. but yangkyu wasn't familiar with it so the conversation just sort of ended there.  

several weekends later when we were getting ready to go run some errands, i hopped in the passenger seat of the car and when yangkyu turned on the engine it started playing. it was the audio version of the tale of peter rabbit. 

surprised, i asked him, "what? what is this? how did you get this?"

"you said you wanted to read this to our future baby... so i thought i should know too." 

i cry easily. i even cried when aladdin freed genie at the end of the disney movie and when frosty the snowman melts at the end of the song. well, the floodgates opened when yangkyu said that to me. he does this from time to time. you know, throwing these wonderfully touching curve balls my way. and here i thought that my forgetful husband forgot about our little passing conversation about the tale of peter rabbit. 

i don't mean for this post to be round 2 of what i shared a few months back. it's just that some days are rougher than others. and when i exhaust all avenues to make myself feel better, i turn to the blog. and google. one time, in my moment of desperation to find words to what i was feeling, i came across this post. it couldn't have come at a better moment. 

we're currently 20 months into our journey to get on the road to parenthood... 

18 comments

  1. Your husband is incredibly sweet Jane. I am sending a positive vibe your way and praying for a dream comes true for your family. No matter what happens at the end of this journey, you will always have your husband..Piri and those who love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much for sharing this personal but ever so sweet memory to us. Yangkyu couldn't be any more sweet & loving to u as ur husband :) I have to agree with u completely on reading a whole lot of books to our own children later on, enjoying tales of Peter Rabbit growing up, AND getting emotional & easily crying over whichever things. Reading this made me tear but also smile. Always always the best of luck to u guys~!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((hugs)))) to you and Yangku, Jane. No words....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie! This post is so touching, and I love it in so many ways. Yangkyu is so sweet and I think it's so important that these small things happen in a marriage/relationship in order to keep showing that person that you care and that you listen. I'm praying and sending you loving thoughts today, Jane!! That story that Jo shared was so beautiful! I hope you find comfort, positivity and inspiration from it - it can happen!!! Have such an amazing day, my dear!! And Yangkyu deserves a huge hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is so sweet. All I can do is give you a virtual hug & to let you know that I'm sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a touching story. I can definitely sense the genuine love you both share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jane, you've hit the jackpot with Yangkyu for sure. Glad that Monica's story brought you some comfort. Wishing you the best as you continue on this journey and sending hugs and positive vibes.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big (gigantic) hug to you Jane! The love you have for each other is precious ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am hoping and hoping and holding everything crossed for you both - you are both wonderful and anyone in the world would be lucky to have you as parents, as Piri definitely is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is soooooo sweet! Guys are amazing sometimes. Just when you don't think they are paying attention, they REALLY are! HaHaHa So beautiful! He's a winner!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Yangkyu, you sweetie pie. I can't wait for the day where you share your adventures with your little one. It will happen one day, I just know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yangkyu is such a good and sweet man. I would be so touched too if anyone did what he did. Wishing you all the best into your journey to get on the road to parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful surprise, I hope life blesses you two cuties, you know I'm wishing and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hugs for you and your family jane <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys are the best!I'm sending you all my positive energy hoping that things will turn out exactly how you want them..

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the sweetest and you have one darling man. I'm wishing you no more bumps in the road you're currently on

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. Rick has actually told me that one of the reasons he wants to have kids is so that he can read to them. We already have a small collection of childrens books.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.