February 3, 2014

we're waking up to some monday morning rain.

hi! did you all have a good weekend? 

the weather was incredible over where we are {unlike this morning} and so we headed over to a nearby dog park so that piri can roam leash free and play with his doggy friends. he has actually not been feeling too well and we're a little worried about him. thought some outdoor time could do him some good. unfortunately though the snow is still melting in certain parts of the neighborhood and this dog park is notorious for soggy grounds that doesn't dry out too well. we had to turn around and go home without even stepping one foot into the park. bummers.

but we baked, read, napped and caught some light breezes on our balcony while watching the neighborhood german shepherd play frisbee. it wasn't so bad. 

and we were probably the only people among our friends who didn't watch the super bowl. well, we caught just a little bit of bruno mars' performance. he's kind of really good, don't you think? 

hope your weekend was delightful. it's the first week of february! hope there are lots of great things stored for you this month. 

here are some scenes from our weekend. 
// i finally got all the ingredients needed to bake these chocolate cupcakes. i've been craving them for days. i also made my favorite frosting - cream cheese, and yangkyu decorated one in the shape of piri. the recipe for the cupcake is here. and the frosting here {we used 2 cups of powered sugar. the sweetness level was just perfect}. // 
// it was so warm and bright over the weekend. i love our eat-in area. it's one of my favorite places in our little rental. i'm still in a search for a dining table. i've been scouring craigslist and can't wait to head out to the flea market in the spring. i also spotted this one, which i liked. it's bookmarked for the future and in case we don't find anything locally. i used to be in a hurry to buy furniture and decorations, but i like this slow process of picking out the one that i really love. i can't believe i've gotten this patient! // 
// a little update on my new year resolution. i only had one, which was to get my love for reading back. for the month of january i finished two books - is everyone hanging out with me? (and other concerns) by mindy kaling and gone girl by gillian flynn. both were really good. i loved the light, fun, yet insightful writing by mindy kaling and gone girl just kept on surprising me. i finished it in three days. // 
// a new chicken teriyaki place opened up in our neighborhood. we had it three times over the weekend. i don't think that's normal. even some of the workers eyed us a little weird during our third stop. i think we've had enough of chicken teriyaki to last us a couple of months! // 


ps - today is the last day to enter our giveaway with firmoo online eyewear. thank you to those who already participated! 

30 comments

  1. your weekend sounds nice, shame about the park. hope you all get the chance on the other time. your place look lush, so much light!

    my weekend was good but busy, I was sorting out my studio.

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend to me:) And yeah....I didn't watch the Super Bowl either. Not even the half time show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sounds like a really nice weekend! Piri is so cute, hope he's feeling better xxx
    The perks of being a hipster - Victoria’s Secrets Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend looks colorful and delicious! Here was almost springlike weather, (we went to the beach!) somehow it seems the winter is over too quickly... did I just say that!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to another Monday, Jane :D I woke up to some heavy snow, again! It would have been more awesome if the bf didn't have work but it's ok since I still love snow despite the more careful traveling. I watched the entire Super Bowl & the game was such a let down & a shocker since we were rooting for the Broncos but yeahhh Bruno Mars was unbelievable. LOVE his music! I'm on the same boat w/ u as u know on getting back to my love for reading… I actually have Gone Girl & tried to give it a try since it was so ravved abt but I had a hard time getting into the story. Perhaps I should give it another try? Hope this wk will be as relaxing & sweet for u~~
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cupcake stand and that chicken teriyaki looks delicious!
    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look absolutely incredible. And I LOVE that sitting area! It's so light! And I think your table looks nice haha. Also I'm impressed you finished two books in January...I'm really struggling to get two out a month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE your eat-in area too. umm...can i come over? haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those chocolate cupcakes look so good! And I love the cake stand! Also, I really want to start reading "Is Everybody hanging out with me" - it sounds hilarious! Stay warm and dry today, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can never have enough of chicken teriyaki Jane! hahaha it looks so good. glad the weather was lovely and you had an awesome weekend. it was warmer here so i enjoyed it as well. your cupcakes look great. so sorry to hear about Piri. i had two dogs once and you can always tell when your "babies" don't feel well. hope the outing worked.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been pouring here too! And so so windy! I hate the wind! Love your cupcake pic and that cute stand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Monday to you Jane! I didn't watch much of the superbowl, although I did hear plenty of action downstairs from my dad and brothers. Bruno Mars' performance was amazing, so much energy! Your scenes from the weekend are wonderful. We just discovered a gem of a place nearby that has amazing Chinese food and boba tea, and tastes homemade! Which of course beats out the fast food greasiness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, that chicken teriyaki looks SO delicious!! & I'm sorry to hear about Piri...I hope he feels better soon. Times like this, I wish our pets can speak brief sentences so we knew what's bothering them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Monday! I too finished Mindy Kaling's book last week, so fund to read. I might try to read gone girl next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love the happiness your photos exude. I am torn whether to read Gone Girl or not. I heard they're making a film and thought of just watching it on screen but then reading your post makes me want to get myself a copy of the book and start it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love the happiness your photos exude. I am torn whether to read Gone Girl or not. I heard they're making a film and thought of just watching it on screen but then reading your post makes me want to get myself a copy of the book and start it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to be the same way with furnitures too, but I'm more patient now as well because i want something I'd like for a long time not just in the moment.
    Thanks for the recommendations on the books. I already got them and cant wait to start on them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Guess rain is better than snow and negative temps, right? Love how warm your eat-in was over the weekend! Weather certainly was nice. Love that chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that cake stand. It's really cute. I kind of want one even though I don't bake cakes that often, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dine in area is so cozy with some fun pop of color. My house needs some fun colors like that, it is rather plain. Cupcakes look yummy too. The Chicken Teriyaki must be so good you all ate it three times in one week. I am hungry now. Stay warm there and hope Piri feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's snow for us again in NYC but at least we got a reprieve from the cold over the weekend. The 50 degree temps yesterday were so lovely! Those cupcakes look amazing!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg that chicken terriyaki looks SO good. My stomach just growled!
    We watched the Super Bowl but, since I'm a sports gal, I was planning to watch it. No worries on missing it. It turned out pretty boring if I do say so myself. haha. Plus, the commercials that were released before the game made it seem less exciting to see on TV. It was like I was waiting every moment for something to see but, it just didn't happen. I do agree though that Bruno Mars is a great performer. He can sing very well and dance, too!! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The teriyaki looks great, no wonder you stop there three times! When we try a new restaurant that we like we usually repeat the day after that, so the eyeing weird sounds familiar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you guys had a great, dry weekend - sorry it's raining now! That teriyaki bowl looks delicious! Hope you enjoy your Monday! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum- those cupcakes look delicious! And I love your mint green cake stand. Glad things are going well with your New Year's resolution! I've read both books and I liked them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just dream when I see you pics. Makes me smile every time. So sorry to hear Piri is not feeling well. I hope he gets back to his normal self soon. Poor sweetie! I would die for one of your cupcakes these days. Looks yum! I too didn't watch the superbowl. Not into it - I was on pinterest instead ;-) Those two books are on my to-do list, but especially Mindy's book. I have a girl crush on her! Happy Monday, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree, Bruno Mars is pretty darn fab. I hope Piri is feeling like himself very soon

    ReplyDelete
  28. love those bright yellow chairs and I too love good teriyaki - three times is totally fine :) he he he

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds like a peaceful weekend. Enjoying this weather while it's here - hoping to get some strawberry picking in. Yes on Bruno Mars- excellent performance!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like you had a great weekend. Yeah for chocolate cupcakes & terriyaki chicken. Hope Piri is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.