March 6, 2014

ice breaker: my people.

in my previous job we did a lot of ice breakers during trainings, workshops, retreats and conferences {seriously, an introvert's nightmare. or maybe just this introvert.}. i remember this really quick and simple one from a training i really enjoyed called "my people" and i thought maybe we can do it together. we'll have to break the rules slightly since we're doing this online, but won't you play along? it'll be fun. 

all you have to do is think about a group of people you know. they could be your family, your friends, your blogger network or your co-workers. you don't have to say which group of people you picked. keep that to yourself. now, think of three things to describe them and share in the comment section. here, i'll go first. 

my people... have a beautiful way of seeing the world through their phones, can always find the best selfie angles and know just the right thing to say when i have the worries. 

simple! now it's your turn! 

16 comments

  1. my people...have a way of making anyone feel welcome, always make every activity fun, and know just how to make me laugh when I am feeling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my people...make me laugh at the most unexpected times and by doing the most unexpected things, i could stare at them all day watching them breathe, are my life my breathe

    ReplyDelete
  3. my people make me feel comfortable, laugh and they are all really really smart in their own way! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  4. my people...always have my back, are self-proclaimed "foodies" and "coffee snobs," and are only a phone call away when I need someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee oh boy this is tough one for me b/c so many of the groups of people in my life are actually sources of stress. Though this mainly work and family...friends not so much they relieve stress!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. my people....are spontaneous, always filled with stories to share, and when we get together, they make it feel like no time has passed by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my people...have a kind heart & spirit...are creatively & uniquely gifted, and live life to its fullest.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My people: crazy; loud; always there to make me feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute! i love this!

    my people: funny, adorable and spunky.

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - I'm just like you, Jane - I HATE ice breakers!! We had one here at work, and I complained the whole way. LOL!!! But this sounds fun, and I love participating in these :) You're awesome, my dear friend!! So here goes:
    My people: totally understand my dorky sense of humor, are ALWAYS there for me despite being miles and hours away, and ...just plain get me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My people are my rock, my punching bag and my rolemodel even though a big part are lives in the other side of the world.

    Jane, you always have the best idea's c: totally lighten up this bloggersphere!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. my people share some far out ideas, live the organic life and give good hugs :)

    p.s. I too aren't the biggest fan of those get to know you group games *red face* but I definitely approve of this one :) *introverts unite!*

    ReplyDelete
  13. My people get dirt under their fingernails, are tough but oh so gentle, and always watch out for each other

    ReplyDelete
  14. my people make me feel a sense of belonging, a feeling of shared humor and excited for a future together.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that's so sweet! My people...are funny, sensitive and supportive.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.