March 17, 2014

unplanned weekends are the best kind of weekend.

hello! did you all have a good weekend? what did you end up doing? 

we reached the sixties on saturday, although the wind made it a bit chilly. we didn't plan much but ended up doing quite a few things like going to watch frozen {which unfortunately i didn't like too much. i know, i must be the only person on the planet to think so!}, grabbing some pizza, playing some kingdom hearts on our ps3 {so fun}, meeting up with yangkyu's acquaintance and his wife, 4 month old baby and their shiba inu named hiro at a nearby dog park and grabbing coffee with them, playing around with sparklers at night and walking around one of my favorite areas in dc - eastern market and checking out the flea market {scored a cute cardigan sweater as well at ken and kay vintage}. 

i'm almost sad that the weekend is over although i try to welcome and be happy about mondays now. but it's kind of hard to when  we got another few inches over night! one good thing is that yangkyu is working from home today so we may just put on our snow boots and go play around in some snow again. 

have a good week! here are some pictures from our weekend. 
 // this has got to be one of the best dog parks around here. we can't wait to go again. this one dog outed me as the "lady with the treats in her bag" and i was swarmed by 10 dogs trying to give me kisses and sticking their heads in my bag for some. // 
  // hiro and piri. it was hiro's birthday this day. he turned 5. // 
 // we bought some sparklers at a local party store and played around with them at night. i played around with my camera settings too and we tried making shapes - stars, hearts, circles. i think next time we'll try to spell something out. i don't know why but sparklers remind me of summer time and i can't wait for it to be summer. it's my favorite season. // 
  // i've seen ken and kay vintage before at the fleat market at eastaern market. they have some of the cutest clothes and decorations and throw blankets {although this day it was mostly clothes and shoes}. i bought myself a cardigan sweater. the kind that is perfect for snow days. // 
 // scored at the flea market. // 
^^ it's piri's birthday week. you think he's hinting? // 
// our flowers for the week. gerberas. // 

31 comments

  1. couldn't be more agree on the title! i flew to other island on saturday just to get back to bali on sunday morning and spending time with some friends. haha.
    happy birthday Piri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I love going to flea markets too -- does your hubby enjoy it too? I usually have to drag my fiance to come with me, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday Jane! Those sparkler pictures are so pretty. I love summer time, and I can't wait for it to show up after a good bounty of spring! Piri looks adorable (as always), and I hope he has a fantastic Birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds and looks like a perfect weekend! and the photos are great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piri's got his blue boots on again! Sounds like action packed in the end then. I wish I could stay fit and eat pizza every day.

    Mat @ Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh weather being in the sixties sounds like paradise right now, especially as I look over my shoulder at the dreary weather outside lol. Your weekend looks and sounds amazing. I love the sparklers! You are an amazing photographer btw :)

    The Indie Byline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piri looked like he had such a blast at that park:D And that sweater looks soooo cozy....good score, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, you had a fabulous weekend! That dog park does look like fun. Glad you had a great time. Love that sweater! It's a beautiful knit! HAHAHA regarding Piri! The birthday boy! Love that bow on his head. Too cute! I went to the park myself. The weather was so beautiful.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ur weekend was certainly eventful & delightful! Playing with the sparklers at night look magical & Piri at the park with other doggie friends is bliss :D Here's to a not procrastinating too much & great start of this wk!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a nice weekend Jane c:
    Your friends dog Hiro is beautiful and
    Hiro and Piro are looking great together c;
    I still need to watch Frozen so yeah I'm
    excited ha :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend! My weekend was nice and low-key, which was just what I wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear your weekend photos always seem so spot on! =)
    I have not yet watched Frozen but everyone seems to like it. So to hear otherwise is actually refreshing! haha. I tend to go in with so much more expectation when I hear how good a film (any film) is so to bring it down a notch will be a good thing!! =D

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun looking/sounding weekend! It was also warm but windy for us on Saturday. We were w/o heat & hot water on Saturday night cause the electric company was doing work so we just curled up in bed and caught up on all our dramas and variety shows. It was kind of like a bad post Sandy flashback but all was restored by Sunday morning.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like the most blissful weekend! those sparkler photos are amazing - always wanted to know how to do that! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too bad you do not live in NY you could teach me how to use my camera. Love your photos as usual and yup spur of the moment weeks ARE fun. This weekend I went to Brooklyn Fashion Week it was great!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are so cheery + happy! I did a little thrifting this past weekend too - brought home a vintage Market sign. I couldn't believe it was snowing again either.. I was in shorts last week! SO ready for spring to be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That puppy tote! Lovely weekend it seem! I ate bunch of sweet potatoes while watching tv this weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. awwww look at Piri's wee mitts!!! I love them! You had a wonderful weekend! We had some lovely weather too, but it was short-lived!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an lovely weekend! Hiro is such a sweet looking dog and I love sparklers - I'll play with them any excuse I get :) Pretty cardigan too, awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You definitely scored at the flea market! The cardigan looks great. Piri is so good at dropping hints, so subtle - i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this sounds SO amazing and lovely, Jane! it's awesome and so heartwarming to see how you guys always set aside the weekend to be with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Piri looks really happy with his new friend. I'm glad you had such a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww a bunch of doggies but Piri is the cutest of all. An impromptu weekend can be quite fun. Those sparklers are soooo cool. How did you set your camera to capture then, Jane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. long camera shutters - about 10 seconds i think? there are also great tutorials online as well! i didn't use a tripod but next time for sure i will!

      Delete
  24. Love to see the little bits of your home. I also love the stripped sweater you are wearing with the doggy tote! I have in my pending list to watch Frozen after hearing so much praising (and also the Oscars award helped on that), it's good to hear a so-so review :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. my weekend was pretty boring... when the hubby works we don't get to do too much. :(

    your photos are always so fun! i love the sparkler ones... and the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. STUNNING pictures, they're so full of light! And Piri's little shoes are so freaking cute I can't handle it! That cardigan looks totally amazing, and I love the picture with the jacket arms and tags. And sparklers remind me of summer too! I want to take some pictures like those too, they're so fun and no two are alike.

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely post and blog, nice pics! Cute dogs too. We recently had a dog, Sam and he's such a darling *_^

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hiro and Piri are sooo cute together! I love Shiba Inus. And yay for Kingdom Hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.