April 1, 2014

from where i stand {feeding the chickens} by fiona.

today's "from where i stand" post comes from fiona who blogs over at burntfeather.
i really don't know what to say about fiona except for the fact that she is awesome in every way possible and that i love hanging out at her corner of the internet where i get to peruse gorgeous pictures, learn about film photography and enjoy her unique creativity. 
 // shoes: dotty wedges from target from a few seasons back. // 

from where i stand, 
in my backyard feeding my chickens. 

i get to feed our chickens every afternoon and have a nice chat with our ladies. the darkest orange chicken is pot pie {my brother's chicken}, and the other red lady is ella {my roommates} and then there's oblina far right - who is the coolest chicken around {and obviously mine :P}. sometimes they'll mistake my toenail polish for food which makes me jump a little but apart from that faux pas they all have really sweet hearts. 


###

thanks, fiona!



*** see other from where i stand posts
*** click here to see how you can submit a photo as well! 
this series is inspired by the instagram hashtag #fromwhereistand 

25 comments

  1. This is by far the most unique where I stand photo, I love it. Remind me that we used to have chickens in my house when I was young and we picked up fresh eggs every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a unique and gorgeous shot. And it also makes me wanna go to farm of some sort now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one c: love the fact the chickens
    has a name haha :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great one! Love those mint sandals for Spring, and the chickens of course :) xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have chickens to feed! And especially that you do it in the cutest shoes ever!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the names of the chickens esp pot pie ;) Another wonderful & sweet, From Where I Stand!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hens! You made me remember something! I had chickens once. However, they had many foes in our home in Kenya and they met an untimely end. I want them back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pot Pie is the funniest name for a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Fiona, she is an inspiration! How cool is this pic? Love the polka dot sandals with red nailpolish and with the hens it can't get cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. she sounds awesome. i absolutely adore her sandals! great polish!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this photo so much, chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! The chickens, wedges, and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute picture. The chickens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is a wonderful place to stand and take it all in! Love that photo!!! Here is to a great week! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh I was sure I commented on this - must have eaten my comment - oops! I have to say such a huge thank-you for your kind words Jane - put a huge smile on my dial, actually everyone's comments - big thank-you to everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea for a post series! I will check out Fiona's blog for sure.

    Emma | Fluff and Fripperies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great pic!! Cute shoes and nice to meet all the lovely chookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so lovely! I long back to the days my parents had chickens... oh well. Cute picture and I'll make sure to check out her corner of the internet!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute.. love the chickens and the sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love her too! been a fan of her blog for a while

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.