April 4, 2014

yes, weekend.

while we anxiously wait for cherry blossoms to bloom, this weekend we're taking it slow and checking out a nearby park and watching the great gatsby, which we never got around to. i was totally horrible at reading for the month of march and i blame it on all the tv shows i've been hooked on. i feel like i watched hours and hours of law & order svu, crisis, the blacklist, the following {i love kevin bacon!} and cosmos. oh right and hollywood game night. i was laughing my socks off watching a couple of episodes last night. have you seen?

well all this tv has definitely made me feel like i need to be off of it a bit more in april. so i should also try to pick up that book of mine this weekend as well. 

what do you have planned? 

before we say good-bye, here are just a few photos from our week. 

 // greek yogurt from trader joe's with strawberries and macadamia nuts. i had this all week and i still crave it. i'm crazy for macadamia nuts. //
 // what can i say. he's my best friend. and now that the weather is finally nice we get to spend more balcony time together. it's one of our favorite things to do. i take pictures of him and he sometimes spies on mr. neighbor below. // 
// pretty purples kept us company all week. but i'm waiting for those poppies and peonies to come along. // 
// we brought out our spring/summer sheets. i've missed them so. i just love having lots of white in the room. probably to make up for our not so white walls..? // 
 // fresh berries. being a little more conscious about what i snack on throughout the day. although cookies are always so tempting. // 
 // i've been thinking about a question in the fairy tale q & a i did last week about my most prized treasures. i said a lot of things that once belonged to my mother and forgot to mention her weave baskets. it's so funny to think that growing up i didn't think much of these but now they are my greatest treasures. i remember so much about my mom through these items. like what she kept inside, where she kept them and how much she loved them. i can't wait until they get passed down to more generations in our family. it'll be such a great story telling piece. // 
 // you don't mind a little more of piri do you? i was changing up our sheets when he came and took over the bed. he always does that and looks at me to go on with my business without realizing that he's actually in my way. but i find it so cute. so cute that i needed to get my camera and grab a few shots. // 

oh and can i just make you cry before the weekend officially begins? this letter to a dog from his dog owner. i just turned to puddle while reading it. 

hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

ps - i'm totally missing out on this month's floral friday series, but please check it out. the theme is flower as art! 

28 comments

  1. Those weave baskets are beautiful, made even more so by their sentimental value:)

    PS My sis is obsessed with The Following too. Must really try to see that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we ever mind more Piri especially when he's looking so sweet. Happy weekend!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! I love Piri after his grooming sesh, but I also kinda miss the fluffy Piri. He really did remind me of Chewie, or maybe even one of the Ewoks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for cherry blossoms to start blooming too. One of my favorite things about spring! But the next best thing are those gorgeous looking berries! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i lived in tokyo i couldnt wait for the cherry blossoms best part of the year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the letter got me welled up too! will never be tired to see your countless photos of piri, he is SO cute. have a super lovely weekend too x

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy, it's been a long time since I last finished a reading a book in its entirety. Definitely hope to in the next few months.

    And those monograms above the bed are so adorable! Recently found a farmer's market nearby and hope to stock up on some produce this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture of Piri, it almost looks like he has an attitude. Like a little boy who refuses to listen to what mommy asks him to do...haha. How special those baskets are. I don't think I have anything like that from my mom. Enjoy your weekend Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No don't mind more of Piri. Ugh now I want strawberries and blue berries. Hee hee were you a fan of Lost or do you like Person of Interest? I was attending an event Wednesday night with a fellow blogger and we ran in to Michael Emerson. Haha Lola nearly lost it.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING pictures, dear! That fruit looks amazing. And omg SVU is the greatest show known to mankind it's simply impossible to not watch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your shots. They are consistently inspiring.I also love white sheets. They are so crisp and refreshing. Your berries also look so wonderfully beautiful and delicious!!
    Happy weekend!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw that's so lovely. The balcony time sounds precious! I have to get myself some white summer sheets. Even though a lot of my furniture is white, my apartment is still so colourful sometimes and I also really like some white sheets. :) You make me yearn for berries and going outside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those berries make me feel the summer sun (even if it's just the start of spring)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the blacklist! i hope you have a wonderful weekend Jane, and I love those letters above your bed! x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww such sweet photos (literally!) I just bought some strawberries too - excited to eat them! And mixing them with macadamia nuts?? Sounds genius! Have a great weekend Jane ! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  16. photos of piri make me happy! :) Also, the set up for those strawberries and blueberries is just lovely. Now I am wishing summer would come sooner... Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband is hooked on The Following as well.Love the fresh berries! Wishing you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The letter to the dog from his owner is the best! Really enjoyed reading it. And thanks for the FF link love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could never mind pictures of Piri. Too cute! And all of that fresh fruit looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We've been loving Cosmos. The dog episode was the best :)

    I'm so happy that it's finally starting to warm up. Can't wait to spend the afternoons with Beamer exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never mind a little bit more of Piri!!!Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahh those baskets are magical and definitely treasures - I got to hang out with my family's new dog on the weekend and I had forgotten what it feels like to be loved by a dog - it's all things amazing, especially when they look at you with those eyes - like you're their treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i went to the park this weekend too! that's my post tomorrow. hahaha i've picked up a book I was suppose to read. i only read a couple of chapters. my mind has been on Spring and getting out. piri is too funny! LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mind? Mind? I can't get enough of Piri -- your photos get me everyyyy time. Also, I have to say it again, I've never seen a dog look sooo handsome after getting groomed! No wonder dogs were getting overly friendly at the dog park ;)

    Finally, those shots of the berries are beyond fantastic. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute doggies photos, and those fruits look amazing! I loved the costumes and scenery in The Great Gatsby. Have you tried Haagen-Dazs macadamia nut toffee ice cream?!? It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Piri looks like such a darling! I love him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, beautiful baskets! They are so precious. I'll add to my watchlist the Hollywood game night, I can use a good laugh this week :) Ooh and love to see bits of your home, so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.