May 2, 2014

have an adventurous weekend!

i love it when we have warm weekends because it means we get to go on lots of adventures. in the coming weeks we have plans to go strawberry picking, the beach and an aquarium. this weekend though we may drop by a flea market held at the old lucketts store or maybe head out to harpers ferry in west virginia. we went a couple of years ago and always wanted to go back. so it's a toss up! but whatever we decide to do this weekend, we'll sure be making it an adventurous one.

even piri has some adventurous plans lined up: 
 // like maybe being a bear for the day. because bears are cute and cute bears get more treats. or so he thinks. {i mean, who can really understand the logic of a cocker spaniel when it comes to treats.}// 
  // or maybe being a king so he can actually order us to give him more treats. that seems like an easier route than wearing those silly bear ears all day. // 
  // or perhaps intellectual dapper dog. he may be able to debate his way into having us give him more treats. he has a lot of research, studies and books he found at "the library for dogs to get more treats from the humans". // 
 // but if he is spidey dog then he'll be rescuing those treats from the stuffy bags and packaging and give them a new home {inside his tummy}. now that would be a heroic act for all dogkind. // 

so whatever it is you have planned for the weekend, we hope that it'll be an adventurous one! 


ps - totally unrelated to the weekend, but did you know that the may is asian pacific american heritage month? just wanted to mention a neat film you may be interested in. it's called the grace lee project and is showing on the world channel {i don't think it's on netflix anymore}.

i had the opportunity to attend kascon {a korean american student conference} as a workshop speaker one year. grace lee, who is a korean american filmmaker, was also there and i had the opportunity to sit in on her workshop and she also attended mine. it was such  a privilege to say hello and be acquainted with her. i am still amazed by all the great work she is doing today.  if you get a chance, hope you'll check out the film.

43 comments

  1. So sweet...have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend, Jane:) Will check out Grace's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your warm weekend plans sound like a dream! Can I come? Lol, I have no idea how I'm gonna capitalize on this beautiful weather, but I'll figure it out haha. Is it possible? Piri is even cuter as a bear than he is as a dog! Have a beautiful weekend, see you Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you were able to capitalize! i love all this sun and warmth!

      Delete
  4. awww...these photos. so precious!
    yay for warm weekends. I've always wanted to go fruit picking so hearing your plans to go strawberry picking sounds wonderful! =)
    Have a wonderful time!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! hope your weekend was lovely!

      Delete
  5. Piri the dapper dag has my vote ;]
    Have a marvellous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) that bow tie melts my heart every time!

      Delete
  6. I can't choooseeee Piri is handsome in
    all of these pictures :c Have a great
    weekend! Enjoy it c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. jane, you are going to have a fun weekend. happy strawberry picking and the beach & aquarium sound awesome. have super fun. piri looks too cute dressed up. LOVE IT!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Piri! I love this dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friends and I have been chatting about looking for a good flea market in the DMV area. I've never heard of this one, so I might check it out. Thanks for sharing :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you get a chance to go? we went on sunday and loved it!

      Delete
  10. bahahah I love this little piri photoshoot! he is so cute. and such a sport too for letting these pictures be taken ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) totally~~ i always have to thank him for being such a good sport :)

      Delete
  11. cute dog
    looks like a doll ...haha
    I'm new visitor to your site.
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)
    Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
    (leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have such great activities lined up - can't wait to read about them! and my favourite Piri is him with a bow-tie, although he should always wear that crown because he should rule the world. it would be a better place! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - if piri got to rule the world we would all owe him daily chicken treats!

      Delete
  13. ahhh so cute, I think my fav has to be the spidey neck scarf though *love*
    Glad you guys are getting some warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I gotta say is Piri is a great model. He knows his pose better than me in front of a camera. .haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are adorable! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! hope your weekend was lovely as well!

      Delete
  16. You guys honestly have the sweetest dog. Enjoy your weekend you three.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures of Piri may be my absolute favourite ever

    ReplyDelete
  18. Piri is a cutie pie! Every time he manages to steal my heart :) Oh! the Grace Lee project movie looks so interesting, I have seen the trailer in their website, I am not sure If I understand correctly, but is the project named after Grace Lee being very usual among asian american people? I think I lack some background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. massive aw! is it easy to get him behave front of the camera?

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart just melted into a puddle. Piri, you are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.