August 25, 2014

Doggy nap time is the best kind of time around here + other weekend things.

We didn't get caught up with everything but we did with most things. And thank goodness for that. 

Every two weeks Yangkyu does yard work. I think if he could he would wave a magic wand and get rid of all our bushes and shrubs. He hates them. I don't know why. He seemed to plant a bunch of those when we used to play The Sims. We have these two gigantic bush looking trees on our our front lawn and he made them look like something straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Anything that looks stuffy on the bottom he doesn't like, so he trimmed it so we could see the stem of tree. I'll have to take a picture one day and share. 

On Sunday while Yangkyu was doing yard work, I had two napping dogs on my hands so I got around to doing the dishes, did some laundry and ironing, made some mixed berry smoothies, baked muffins for next week and cooked up some cold arrowroot noodle soup {chik neng myun} for lunch. I am currently a fan of any time when it's two napping dogs because it frees up a lot of my time. Piri usually isn't a handful but puppies are. And they like to explore a lot. Explore meaning putting things in their mouths, getting up on things, scratching and barking. It's a whole lot of cute but also a whole lot of handful.

During one hour in one of the weekend days, I heard Christmas carols playing on TV and got really excited for the holidays. I imagined Christmas lights all around our kitchen windows. Or maybe our entire house! I think that would look pretty. Then I thought I was getting ahead of myself and so I looked through some possible Halloween decorations and DIYs. Then I told myself again I'm still getting way ahead myself. Summer isn't over yet! And so, this week, I'm reminding myself, take it day by day because each day brings such surprising gifts and valuable learning lessons. 

So hello Monday. Let's get the week started. 
 // This is Sadie. Our doggy overnight house guest. She likes to lick your face, hands and legs. We call it the Sadie lick attack. I think she's like a level 12. She's pretty good at it. // 

42 comments

  1. Within very Few Resorts in Ludhiana kingsville resorts has made its name in between them being the best of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie! Why hello there :P
    Looks like your crochet
    granny squares turned out
    great c: Very colorful as well!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see those shrubs!!! And your crocheting looks fantastic friend!!! Sounds like a warm and lovely weekend!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadie is so cute! & of course, Piri too :) Looks like you're on a roll with those granny squares! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I only hope that it comes together nicely :)

      Delete
  5. Aaaaaw.....look at Piri and Sadie looking all so cute. That must've been crazy with two doggies, so two napping ones = good:D
    And Jane, don't talk about Halloween and Christmas yet. I'm not ready!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm totally not ready either! :)

      Delete
  6. If I lived closer to you I would totally use your doggy overnight service! It's hard to find people you completely trust with your babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet! I would love to take care of Dug!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE seeing all the things that occurred over ur wkend! It's so inspiring to see ur crocheting work~ It's really a work of ur own special touch :) Can't wait until I see a full blanket! And how exciting to be dog/puppy sitting! Hope u are having a great Monday so far~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me about 8 years to finally do something about crocheting! I hope the blanket comes out ok :)

      Delete
  8. Look at the pretty heartful things that you made! I love your weekend posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This line made me crack up way too much: "I don't know why. He seemed to plant a bunch of those when we used to play The Sims" Your first doggy client is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crochet granny squares look so happy and fun! My husband and I used to play Sims too. I don't think I was very good about the gardening in that game ;p

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! They totally died on me every time :)

      Delete
  11. Sadie is such a cutie. And those muffins look delicious. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadie is definitely a cutie. She has so many different expressions and I love how she tilts her head when she hears an unfamiliar sound.

      Delete
  12. aw cute ol' Sadie. =)
    love the entryway you have with the pictures on the wall.
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house guest is adorable!! Love the pix of her too!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with your husband - yard work is the WORST. Thank goodness for apartment living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Well, he likes the yard work (well for now.. he's still a newbie at it so it might be the honeymoon stage where everything is all fun and interesting) but he just hates messy, stuffy looking shrubs. He imagines all the critters under it and it drives him nuts. :)

      Delete
  15. Sadie and Piri look so cute taking their naps! Adorable! I've been prepping for Fall. The holidays come so fast, you have to prepare a month before. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are so cute when they are awake but even cuter when sleeping :) And holidays totally do come by so fast. Christmas felt that way for me last year and I was so behind with everything!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, your overnight guest is sweet. Piri and Sadie look adorable taking their naps :))) I hope you have a marvellous week doll x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  17. Good reminder to take each day as it comes for sure :) I definitely want to see a picture of this shrub and how adorable is Sadie - love that you are doing dog sitting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope this dog sitting thing takes off! :)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. I hope so! We've been going on adventurous walks and we found her these sticks that she loves to play with in the back yard. We played fetch nonstop!

      Delete
  19. I laughed out at the "The Sims" bit and I would so love to see a photo of the trimming of the bushes and trees that Yangkyu did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i'll have to put it up soon :)

      Delete
  20. Omg if I had my own house I'd also be so excited for Christmas and thinking about the decorations. Also I want to make granny squares too! You're motivating me hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.