August 8, 2014

goodbye to a productive week. hello to a relaxing weekend.

this week's dinners were most satisfying - quinoa chili on monday, vietnamese summer rolls on tuesday, udon on wednesday, avocado pasta yesterday and tonight it's curry. i started to get to the meaty part of my current book and i couldn't let go of it. i love when i get so enraptured and engaged. jojoba oil has now become my morning and evening moisturizer. it's been a good transition. i thought about basil a few times. but they were coming from a good place. it was sad but it was also fine. 

over the weekend we plan on going to see some sunflowers and squeeze in time at the dog park for piri. what are you up to? whatever it is, i hope it's a good one. 



some favorite links from around the web: 

 // shiba chan. a dog helps his owner run a corner store in japan. and he eats and sleeps on his favorite, a zucchini, too. {i have watched this so many times this week} 

 // a dog's last day. {i read this three times and cried each time} 

 // so sad and terrible. 11 things you should know before you plan your next visit to the zoo. 

 // a mother's powerful words in support of her transgender child. 

 // "giffy the short-necked giraffe" by ko jung-wook turns disability into an asset. i would love to have this in my collection of children's books. 



some more favorite links from blog friends:

 // i was introduced to thredup, an online thrift treasure. 

 // lush bubblegum lip scrub. oh my goodness.  

 // she's one my favorites to read. she also recently shared a purselet diy

 // the most sweet story collection of senior dogs living into their teens. 

 // love this story of one mom's testimonial


ps -- in case you missed it! a giveaway to celebrate a weekend crossing's 1-year birthday.

25 comments

  1. The article on the zoos was very eye opening! I just assumed the animals were well-kept but certainly, no where near their natural environments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was eye opening for me and my husband as well. we wish there were animal sanctuaries nearby. we just love animals but it is just heartbreaking to know what some of the zoo animals go through while all of us are laughing and enjoying.

      Delete
  2. The thing about zoos, ahhhh. In San Diego we have the Safari Park which is a really really great zoo...our climate is similar to the natural habitat of lions, giraffes, etc and you have to take a bus out to see the animals because the park is so big. If only all zoos were like that :[ But on a positive note your dinners sound super yummy! Kinda jealous haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish all zoos were thinking about animals first. i think our local zoo in virginia had some animal cruelty allegations. sigh. it breaks my heart reading about it..

      Delete
  3. I love the LUSH lip scrub, you must try it.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. i know! i can't stop looking at the article and watching the video!

      Delete
  5. Love the story collection of senior dogs. One of them reminded me of my husband's dog :)

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane what are you doing turning me into a blubbery mess - first the transgender video than the lovely black lab. You know I only half joke, thanks for sharing some amazing awesome links - glad life is going along for you too and you're still able to find joy :) Your dinners sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't the mom so amazing? oh i was telling my friend about the video and i choked talking about it. and oh the dog's last day . i posted it on facebook not too long ago and made everybody cry with me! so so sad..

      Delete
  7. My friend was showing me the dog in the store at the pub the other day, so sweet. seems pretty happy with the reward too. enjoy you weekend you guys.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dishes sound so delicious Jane! Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know that point....just before the night spills black into the sky...when it is a deep inky blue? We call that BLUE MOMENT. It is a magical time. It makes me feel anxious yet so alive.

    Thank you for including a link to me my sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blue moment. love it! it is definitely a magical time!

      Delete
  10. reading your menu list makes me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! all your dinners sounded lovely! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dinners all sound so yummy! Jojoba oil is fantastic isn't it! I use it for my hair ends and nails and cuticles too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack! Shiba chan is the cutest! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weekend was just relaxing at home after the long haul. I just got back from America and still adjusting my sleeping pattern. Dreading the jet lag =D
    Your weekly menu looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.