August 13, 2014

letters to piri // 03

dear piri, 

 // in that picture.. were you worried? perhaps annoyed? or were you looking on with pleading eyes? i kind of like to think that you were worried because yangkyu was lying next to you sick as a dog. oh oops. sorry. it's just, you know, an idiom people use. 

 // remember this? now you finally have one. aren't you excited??

 // now we gotta go tackle the other things on our bucket list. let's go find us a giant pool to swim in and pull out that map and go road trippin so we can go see the beautiful deserts out west. 

 // when i buy a sewing machine, i'm going to make you a bed. or try to. it may not look like a bed. i am warning you beforehand. but you have to still like it. you have to scratch at it and flip it over like you always do to your other bed. ok?

 // let's pinky promise on that. link our pinkies, stamp {press my thumb and your thumb together while holding our pinkies still in promise position}, sign {using pointer finger, make like we're signing our names on each other's palm while, yep, still holding our pinkies in a promise position} and copy {let go of each other hand, and slide our palms across to make like we're making copies of our sworn promise}.

 // oh doh! you don't have a thumb. oh you get the gist. you just have to like the bed i make you one day. 
 // why didn't you tell me russian dog lived just up the street! i was so surprised to see him during our walk the other day. i bet it's super easy to meet up with him now and continue building that rocket of yours. 

 // speaking of your rocket... where exactly did you put it??  

 // oh and i think yangkyu finally figured it out. the bulb that mysteriously went out in the car. you took it. for your rocket ship. along with his missing sock, my sweatshirt and the spatula. oh yeah and my knitting needles. what do you need knitting needles for?

 // oh yeah. to doodle on the moon surface. good thinking. 

 // you know, if you're really going up to space, bring me back a moon rock, k?
 // what do you think about getting another dog? it would be a good thing right? but this human sometimes feel a little overwhelmed by the possible {big} financial responsibilities. i don't want to not be able to care for the both of you, but sometimes i think i worry a bit too much. give me a little head nudge will ya? those are always so encouraging. 

 // when i heard your barks the other day, my heart sank just a little. your barks sound so hoarse now. does it hurt? is it old age? i just hope it's not hurting you. don't worry though. i know the neighbor dude heard you. he just didn't know how to follow your orders. next time i'll tell him -- 1. go to supermarket ; 2. pick up chicken treat; 3. leave the bag on our front door. 

 // you opened my eyes to the world of senior dogs. i now have a special place in my heart for them. thank you piri always for teaching me these important lessons. 

 // how did you know that time that i needed a cuddle? it's like you knew that i felt empty losing basil and you came to make me feel better. 

 // i think dogs know everything. i can tell just by looking at your eyes. so expressive. 

from the ever grateful human in your life who will one day introduce you to a giant pool and go out west see the deserts, 
jane 


 // linking up with blogpaws wordless wednesday bloghop

44 comments

  1. Ooooh...loved this, so sweet :)) Happy day doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are heart warming. I enjoy reading them so much. I look forward to you making Piri a new bed. Bet Piri will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks. i hope i get a sewing machine soon and re-learn quickly. i seriously have big hopes but know that i can also get really impatient. we will see!

      Delete
  3. These are some great pictures in some of your favorite places with your favorite people!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww your dog is so adorable! you captured some cute kodak moments here :) thanks for visiting my blog, I followed you on bloglovin!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! good to be connected!

      Delete
  5. How excited is Piri to run around and sniff things in his own backyard? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he likes it so much! getting used to it more and more :)

      Delete
  6. The cutest letter and the cutest dog (he got a haircut?). Though he's senior, he's definitely still got spunk in him. I can see it in his eyes. A second dog? Hope Piri isn't too annoyed by a young sprite. Our dog was only 4 when we got a puppy and she can be like "Stop. I don't want to play" and other times they go at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he did get a summer cut! :) we were thinking about getting another senior dog just so their energy levels could be the same and also because i just love senior dogs. but i am just worried about the financial responsibilities. some of piri's vet bill, even though we have insurance, were a lot to take.. having the potential double is really overwhelming!

      Delete
  7. Awww, this is so sweet! We love the moments that you captured!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the thoughts of Piri ^__^ sweet pictures of Piri <3
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet. Lovely photos and I'm sure the bed you make will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i really hope i can make a decent bed!

      Delete
  10. That is adorable! I bet Piri will love the new bed

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO CUTE!!!! can't wait to see the bed you make him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i wish i can be as good as you when it comes to making things with fabric! crossing my fingers!

      Delete
  12. I love everything that you three do, Jane <3 Your blog warms my heart every time I visit. This is amazing -- thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much cynthia! so so sweet!

      Delete
  13. I think if Piri could talk, he would tell you how grateful he is for having such a throughful owner. He is adorable but also one lucky dog to have found you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks so much! so sweet of you!

      Delete
  14. SWEET! Oh My Pri also wears PAWz :-) Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?? so awesome to find a fellow PAWz wearer :D

      Delete
  15. Your Pir look SO adorable and sweet letter♡♡♡ I wish I could have one but my husband won't allow me after seeing my deep grief when we lost ours long time ago.

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I know the grief of losing a pet. I had a childhood cocker spaniel whom we lost when he was 7 years old and we vowed to never get another dog.. but then my brother showed up with Piri and we're so happy to have him in our lives! :)

      Delete
  16. Aw this is such a sweet idea - writing letters to your pet! Haha! Your puppy is sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh - loved every single word :) This made me do one of those really big smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that picture of Piri all sprawled out comfy on the bed. Looks like me on a Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Senior dogs hold a special place in my heart also Jane. I had one and they require a lot of care and it can be expensive. I love how your shoes, husband and Piri shoes are lined up against the wall. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do require extra love and care! i was thinking about getting another dog that is a senior dog but the financial responsibilities seem so daunting.. i would love to though. they are so special :)

      Delete
  20. Isn't it just amazing how much they can teach us without words? I've learned to be a much better listener as a result

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should make these chats to Piri into a book. I'd love that.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stu was just suggesting we get another dog too the other day, and I just looked at him like he's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is SO SWEET I am obsessed with these! My favorite was the neighbor not understanding Piri's instructions, so precious.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.