September 23, 2014

A Girl and Her Dog: Cindy + Louie.

Hello! 

Today I'm so very happy to have Cindy and Louie for our monthly "A Girl and Her Dog" series. You may remember Cindy from some other posts I have done and so I was happy when she once again accepted our request for her to make another appearance, this time with her best furry pal. 

I first came across Cindy's Instagram when she kindly left a comment on one of my pictures. I hopped on over to her account and instantly felt as if we had been friends for a long time. Doesn't that sound crazy? It's one of those once in a blue moon feelings I get with people. An Instagram connection became a blog connection and now her spaces on the Internet are among my favorite daily visits. And how can it not? Cindy is a pretty cool gal, and Louie, a beagle rescue, is just a bundle of cuteness, but put them all together with the human guy in their lives, and they just make the cutest family to grace the Internet.

Here is all about Cindy & Louie. 
The girl: Cindy Kogure
The dog: Louie. She is a beagle. 
Cindy's favorite snack: Blueberries
Louie's favorite snack: Peanut butter frosty paws
From: Los Angeles, California 
Find them on Instagram: @kidgranny
Find them on their blog: Kidgranny

Dear Louie,

Do you remember the first day we met? It was in the fall of 2011. Your papa and I happened to visit our local animal shelter, and you were the only dog that wouldn’t come to the front of the cages to greet us, even though I literally begged you to come! I thought that perhaps you were ill or severely sedated and was terribly worried about your health. Thanks for proving me wrong! As soon as I interacted with you one-on-one, you were so sweet and I knew you were just terrified in the cage and was eager to be in an actual home again.

There’s a lot that I like about us, but what I love most is how we care for each other. When I’m having one of those days when nothing seems to go right, you snuggle up close to me without me even having to say or do anything, as if to say, “I’m here now.” When you’re having one of those “off” days, I take you on an extra long walk and give you belly rubs until your tail is wagging again.

I also love that you’re game for anything – from going on adventures to having a chill day at home. This past spring, you took on an important role to be the ring bearer for our wedding. You were everyone’s favorite! I’m so glad some of our distant relatives and friends that live further away finally had the chance to meet you in person.

Now your papa and I are finally off to our honeymoon. We’ll be away for a little over two weeks. It’s the longest that we’ll be away from you, and I will miss you terribly! I’ll miss the pitter-patter sound that you make as you trot across the hallway, your loud snores, and your deep, soulful eyes. I'll miss not being able to give you a good night kiss and snuggle with you on the couch. We love you so much, and we wish you could experience Europe with us but I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to be on a plane for 15+ hours. You will be in good hands with grandpa and grandma – I’m sure they’ll spoil you rotten! Please behave while we are away – no stealing food from the dinner table!

Lots of love,
Momma aka your BFF
Thank you so much Cindy and Louie. 
You can see more of the life they share on Instagram and also on their blog


Photos via Cindy. 
Read more "A Girl and Her Dog" Stories here

34 comments

  1. I follow her blog as well c: Really adore Louie, he
    is a lucky beagle to have them ^__^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louie is soo cute:) I have Cindy and her hubby are having a great time in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seemed like they had a great honeymoon!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for reaching out to me, Jane! I love this series on your blog and am so honored to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for participating!

      Delete
  4. The sweetest letter to Louie! I loved reading esp abt the part on how Cindy first met Louie, being worried for him since he didn't seem all too interested then proving her wrong afterwards ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it?? i loved reading this letter too.

      Delete
  5. aw this is so sweet. I love this series. =) Such a lovely letter.
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable pup! I love that last wedding photo. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that last pic too! louie looking up totally makes it 100x more adorable

      Delete
  7. aww this is precious! It makes me miss my dog

    ♡Tallia
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. love seeing both of you here! sweet louie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series. That note was so heart warming and honest. It's so wonderful to see how much a part of the family. Lots of love to Cindy and Louie and to you and Piri as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh; I believe 'one of those once in a blue moon feelings',Jane ♡♡♡ Lovely letter to cute Louie; Yes, I LOVE all the sweet pictures including wedding (*^_^*)

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my young friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just precious, I love that her dog was in the wedding as well :)) So sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh gosh so sweet - I think I say that every time but all your 'A Girl and Her Dog' stories have been super lovely, Cindy and Louie are definitely no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one adorable doggie!! Love that Louie got to be ring bearer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so cute! I love her letter, and what a sweet adoption story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg these always make me cry. So so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Their story is so precious! Cindy and Louie are the cutest. Cindy's family is adorable.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.