September 15, 2014

Around the world blog hop!

I was tagged by Jane over at Projects by Jane to participate in fun little blog hop today!

I first came across Jane's blog and went ahead and introduced myself because I have a thing with meeting other Janes from across the web. Since, I have been amazed by her wonderful creations - making and sewing bags of all sizes and shapes. So thanks Jane for this tag and also to Jessica over at The Jessica L Blog who tagged me a couple of months ago in a similar blog hop. 

The questions were really open to our interpretation and so I focused on answering them as it pertains to this little blog space of mine. Thanks for reading along and see below for three ladies I have tagged who will carry the baton in this Around the World Blog Hop next Monday!

 // What am I working on? 
Something exciting is happening this week. My blog is going to turn three! I have something fun lined up that I can't wait to share. It's been an amazing three years. The first year I was kind of in my own bubble carefully stepping out to meet new folks , all the while trying to find my voice. The second year was all about experimenting with new things, doing more collaborations and honing my voice. I don't know what the third year will have in store for me, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

 // How does my work differ from others of its genre?
My blog doesn't have a specific niche. It's kind of a lifestyle/diary type of blog. At first I felt a bit self conscious because I didn't have a specific direction, but for me writing about the trials and joys of life and sprinkling everything in-between has been quite a fun and therapeutic experience. Also by sharing stories as a woman of color who grew up with two feet in two worlds - a world I grew up in as a young immigrant in the US and another as a child who has strong roots in Korea - I have made so many different connections with people who were able to relate or find a new perspective. 

 // Why do I write/create what I do? 
This is actually my third time blogging. I think the first two times I had no idea what I wanted out of it and they fizzled as a result. This time I started blogging because after finding a wonderful community on Instagram, mostly among fellow dog owners who I became friends with and share wonderful moments, grieve sad losses and swap helpful tips with, I wanted to find the same in the blogging world. I have definitely found it and have been inspired in the realms of fashion, photography, gaming, cooking, crafts, DIY and so much more. I hope that I am somehow contributing as well - whether it's through life experiences or just finding the fun and happy in daily life, I hope that I am able to connect in a meaningful way with people. 

 // How does my writing/creating process work? 
I don't have a rigid process, but I do keep a very loose calendar where I plan out what I will write. It's flexible and if I want to write about something else at the last minute, I do. I have so many different ideas popping into my head at random times of the day that I have topics lined up for a few weeks in advance. This is supposed to be a fun and therapeutic space for me, but I also want to be organized about it. So I definitely try to be fluid and also plan.

Thanks for reading along. 

Next week, these following ladies will be continuing this blog hop! 

Jane -- Deluminators 
Jane blogs from Australia and shares bits and pieces of her life, and her photos from around the world are some of the most beautiful I've seen. Her latest from New Zealand from July were breathtaking to see! 

Niken -- Main Street Corner 
Niken probably sparks some of the most interesting conversations and thoughts on her blog. As a freelance film production manager, the experiences she shares and the stories she gets to tell are intriguing and very thought provoking. 

Marla's got style, taste, funk and humor! It's always a treat to swing by her corner of the blog and go on quick travels whims and contribute to some interesting, serious and hilarious topics she shares. 

36 comments

  1. This was wonderful, I enjoyed your answers. And this photo is amazing, love that :))) I hope you have a great week doll x And Birthday wishes (early) for your blog :)))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you would tag 3 Janes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually didn't work out! :) Maybe next time!

      Delete
  3. Excited to see what you're going to do for your blogoversary :) I get what you mean about feeling self conscious about having a general lifestyle blog, but these are my favourite kinds of blogs to read!

    I'm excited to post mine! Mine is about my blog as well, because I have literally no other creative endeavours haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read yours! Thanks for agreeing to participate!

      Delete
  4. Such a fun post! Congrats on the 3 year blog anniversary! Can't wait to see what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually 2 - me and my miscalculations. Oy! :)

      Delete
  5. Advanced happy blog anniversary, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jane,

    This was an interesting insight into your creative process. You certainly have gained plenty of points for stamina after starting other blogs, finishing them and then starting again. It is good that you now feel that you have your own distinct voice and that you do not concern yourself too much with what category you are in. Best to just be Yoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you~~ I realized that I'm actually celebrating 2 but it sure feels longer than that :)

      Delete
  8. Oehhh I can't wait what you've made for your 3
    years anniversary c:
    I also got tagged by another Jane for this Blog
    Hop, so I can't wait to post mine ^__^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And can't wait to see yours!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I made a boo boo and miscalculated - it's actually 2, but thank you! :)

      Delete
  10. What a fun tag! Happy almost 3rd blog anniversary! We both started our current blogs around the same time :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! Your comment actually had my head scratching and I began to wonder if I had miscalculated! I had a feeling you started a year earlier or so and so that got me thinkin :) But that means your anniversary is coming up! It'll be a big three for you! How exciting!

      Delete
  11. Jane, that is the cutest picture of you and your husband. What a great tag! I love your honesty and candor about your life. I can relate to much of it. What drew me in was your experience on your last job. I experienced the same and it was an awful feeling. Happy 3 years doll! Love your pics and real life stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for everything Kim!

      Delete
  12. This was so much fun to read! Also, that picture you used above is so perfect. How exciting that your 3rd blogiversary is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually my 2 year anniversary. Me and numbers. Oy. We don't mix well ;)

      Delete
  13. So wonderful to learn more about you Jane! And that picture of you two rocks! Love it! And happy almost 3 years!!! That is fantastic! A wonderful week to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! It's actually almost 2! I had miscalculated, but it's exciting nonetheless :)

      Delete
  14. I love how your blog is a diary style, I think that's what makes it perfect! Love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun blog hop! Happy blog anniversary. I am so glad to have met you in blog world, I always look forward to reading your posts.

    PS: That photo is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'm so glad to have you as well!

      Delete
  16. Very excited for the starting of your third year of blogging! So glad to have met you Jane and your beautiful family & be able to feel part of all your adventures & struggles. That first picture is absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Damaris! So embarrassingly funny - it's actually our second anniversary!! Oy!! But it's still all very exciting nonetheless :)

      Delete
  17. i really enjoy reading this, Jane! every one has their own creative outlet and how they keep themselves inspired. and by sharing this, you also inspire others. also, thank you so much for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to learn a little bit about about your process and you Jane.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog, I'm so happy for you reaching its third birthday! I draw a lot of inspiration from you :] Thank you for the tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fab photo and I love your blogging. Being able to share in snippets of your life is magical.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.