September 17, 2014

Girlfriends.

Over the weekend, two of my closest girlfriends, Anna and Min, came to visit from New York. I must say, I didn't realize how much I missed them until we were right in our living room, playing Monopoly and laughing our socks off until the wee hours of the night. 

The other day I looked back at the very close friendships I have with the number of women I can count with just one hand, and realized how lucky I am. I have girlfriends, whether they are near or far, who always reach out and make sure I am ok. Or just when I think I have enough contentment and joy in my life, they fill me up even more with laughs and smiles that I sometimes wonder if it's ok to be this happy. 

Not that it's important, but I am the older of these two, but I am certainly the baby. I don't know what I did to deserve so much love and care from these two, but I'm thankful and won't ever take advantage of it.

Many many years ago, we dubbed ourselves J-A-M (the letters that start with our first names). And even well into our thirties, we are still able to let loose, have fun and do this kind of thing (see picture below) together. 
J-A-M forever. And ever. 

33 comments

  1. You girls are precious, you look very happy in these pictures. We do need our girlfriends from time to time, even when we think we're ok. Am glad you had some fun doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha cuteness!. Yes i agree, i too am immensely grateful for my hand full of girlfriends. Life may be short but they sure help make it sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they certainly do make it sweet :)

      Delete
  3. You JAMS are all too cute:) There's nothing like awesome friends, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet :) Sounds like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good girlfriends are the best! Looks like you three had an awesome time!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also recently had the chance to reconnect with some old girlfriends and it's nice to know that even if we lose touch we're always there for each other when it counts. Sounds like you had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay! glad you got to spend time with them as well!

      Delete
  7. Lol you guys are so cute! Great girlfriends are the best and are so so crucial to living a happy full life in my opinion and any woman who says differently is not being honest with herself. It's great that no matter the time or the distance, you guys still find your way back to each other. That's love. And I love the pic lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you always know exactly how to sum things up!

      Delete
  8. Looks like you gals had a great time. Good friendships are so precious and really hard to come by. They are really the best, nothing like hanging loose with your best pals where you can just be you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. JAM gang is the cutest :) I love how you explain that feeling of not realizing how much you are missing friends until you get to spend again time with them, so real.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, you're so lucky to have special girlfriends like this. It's truly a blessing to have great friends. So happy for you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. AND EVER! you gals are the cutest. That last picture is PERF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah....there is nothing better than true real friendships! I feel so blessed to have friends like this as well....life is good with girlfriends! So glad you got filled up with happy and were able to see your girls!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you just successfully summed up all the joys of friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those friends are worth their weight in gold and always feel so close, regardless of how far away they actually are

    ReplyDelete
  15. True friends are life's gift! I'm so glad you had a fun weekend with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg this is so so cute!! I hope my friends and I are like this for years to come :]

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is definitely important to have friends like that. They're ones who will never judge, be there for you if you're in deep trouble or just lending ears and shoulders to cry on. Just like you, I only have a handful too but it's good enough. Real friends are hard to come by but when you have a few, we should just count our blessings =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like the best kind of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww... this is making me miss my girlfriends! Even though there are 600+ miles between us, they're always there for me and I'm so grateful for them! True, genuine friends are the best to have!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.