September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend.

Our furry overnight guest left us on Friday night and the following day we were greeted by a couple of Yangkyu's friends who came to visit for Labor Day Weekend. We went as far west to Luray, VA, to explore underground caverns and out east to D.C. to stroll the streets of Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Adams Morgan and the Maine Avenue Fish Market. It was hot and muggy and sticky but this is all apparently a bit more bearable when you are surrounded by good company. 

At night we stayed up late drinking and chatting about nothing and everything. I had a bottle of makgeolli all to myself. It's one of my favorite drinks because it doesn't have a strong bitter taste and has relatively low alcohol level. I also like the history of it. It's more of a peasant people's drink or farmers drink - a way to take a break after laboring out in the fields. 

There was so much hustle and bustle the past few days and I am enjoying the quiet of my usual mornings and itching to get back to my normal routine. 

Hope you enjoyed your weekend. 
 // Every time we pass by the George Washington Monument, I always mentally pinch myself because it's still sometimes so hard to believe that we are actually living around this part of the country. // 
 // It's almost always pictures of our feet but this time our guest took a heapful of photos of us. I think there came a point in my life - after I gained weight - when I didn't want to take pictures. But I've gotten past that and I want to be able to have lots of moments to remember us by many many years down the line. Like here - this was us during our mid-thirties. Being happy and all touristy in our neck of the woods. Maybe we'll be lucky to have a kid who rolls her eyes almost as if on cue. //  
 // Inside the National Museum of American History. We must do all the Smithsonian museums properly. We always never seem to have enough time to fully take in everything. This was our third time coming by here and I am always inspired by the exhibition featuring the Civil Rights Movement. // 
  // The freshest oysters I ever did taste. We got 2 dozen and devoured them. // 

38 comments

  1. Looks like quite an amazing Labor Day weekend!! I would love to see the George Washington Monument someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I saw it. I think that's why it's kinda hard to believe that I live around here now!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy but wonderful Labor Day weekend with friends and family. Great pics! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fantastic photos! and thats a great pic of the two of you!...love your shoes by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like the most fantastic way to take in the long weekend! I really liked that photo of the 2 of you!! Beautiful photos friend! Here is to a fresh new week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i like that one of us as well. i guess i need to be less camera shy!

      Delete
  5. Ooh fun weekend! I'm not much a drinker and makgeolli is one of the few things I like. One of my Korean friends told me it's usually favored more by older people and I actually think that's kind of cool :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay! another person who likes makgeolli! and it is totally favored by older folks!

      Delete
  6. love the shots. I have only been to DC once and I have strong memories of everything and how much I adored the city. It's pretty amazing. You can't help but feel patriotic even.

    Glad you are taking more photos of you (and not just your feet!) I know what you mean about not feeling comfortable in front of the camera but, it's good to get more confident in that area. =D

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i need be less camera shy for sure :)

      Delete
  7. I am in love with your captures of your city, especially the epic presence of the Washington Monument. You and your hubby are the cutest I swear! And I wish I couldve joined you guys for that oyster feast you guys had, sounds and looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, I always get happy when seeing your photos. The picture of you guys together is so cute. And I'm so happy you actually want to be on pictures. I had a period like that too, and I only found a few (really bad quality) pictures of myself from that time...and then I think to myself, whyyy - you didn't look that bad!! :p I guess we're our own enemy...

    On a lighter note, that yellow watermelon looks genius. I've only even seen pink/red ones. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think so too! i used to love taking pictures and then when my image changed i started to hate it. but now i'm getting back to being healthy and being more comfortable with the person who i have grown to be :) and that yellow watermelon was delicious!

      Delete
  9. Really enjoyed this blog Jane. You always look so beautiful in your blog pics- I can't help but notice and tell you that. I must look up this drink of yours :)

    Ps : I'm looking at your blog in Greece today. I can't stay away!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my Greece! hope you are having a lovely time!

      Delete
  10. Your pictures always look so lovely! I really need to get my bum over to DC! :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how bright and colourful your photos are - always oysters - yum! Nice to have photos together too, it's hard when you're the one taking the photos normally (I can definitely relate!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that too! definitely! i'm always the one taking photos so it's just easier to have yangkyu and piri be my subjects! :)

      Delete
  12. Aaaaaaw....good to hear you had such a lovely Labour Day weekend, Jane. There's nothing like good friends and a good drink to make your holiday a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They took some beautiful shots of you guys Jane! Photos are great memories. You look great! Love the pictures of the monument and the seafood! Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  14. You two are SO CUTE TOGETHER. And I'm completely obsessed with that picture of the flags against the sky...just stunning. This sounds like a perfect weekend, and I kinda want some of those oysters heh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Precious, you two are lovely. Looks like a great time you had :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That monument is MASSIVE! Wow. Looks like you had a great long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful long weekend! Those oysters, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! Those oysters look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds like a lovely Labour Day! i just love all your images Jane - especially those that feature you, so please don't shy away from them! as you say, you will look back on them with so much fondness. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm finally able to catch up on the posts I missed during our summer holidays :) Great pics Jane! Specially love the ones with the capitol and then Yangkyu jumping, haha, so funny his body gesture! :) you two are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.