September 8, 2014

Let's make more weekends like this.

It was a great weekend. The weather was perfect and we had Piri and the most sweetest dog guest entertain us with their shenanigans. On one evening during our walk the two of them found what I am guessing was a very important grass patch and stopped to smell it for a quite a while. Yangkyu and I felt left out, like we were kept out of some big secret.

On Sunday I crocheted all morning and afternoon and spent the rest of the day washing, chopping, boiling, baking, and organizing vegetables and fruits into containers to refrigerate and eat throughout the week. We got carrots, celery, cauliflower, beets, green peppers, spinach and avocado. All my favorites. And among other things we have baked cod, butternut squash soup and ginger chicken on the menu for our meals this week. It should keep out stomachs content and full.

Please, let's make more weekends like this. They are quite soothing on the soul. 

 // Another thing I did over the weekend. I bought this beautiful jute storage bag. It was an impulse buy. I haven't done one of those in a while. It kind of felt good! Ha. I passed by it a few times while picking up other things at World Market and the marked down price kept calling my name and I finally succumbed. Well, the description might've also played some role -- storage for blankets or firewood. I mean, it was like this bag was meant to be in my future {I'm currently dreaming of crocheting a bunch of blankets for the winter and also cannot wait to get some firewood for our fireplace to burn}. Right now I have some of my framed pictures and art prints, which I have no idea how to put up at this moment and a couple of other handmade decorations that are still looking for new spots in our home. It kind of keeps it hidden away for the curious doggy guests we are having.
 // I got to thirty. Thirty sunburst granny squares. I realized they are not perfect squares and I am not sure how it will look like once I start joining them. I am trying to not be so hard on myself since it's my first time but I can't help but have those perfectionist tendencies nip at my head from time to time. There have been many times where I just wanted to start over. But I decided to give time a chance and hope that my crocheting and stitches will stop looking so messy and uneven as I continue to make these. And there will be more patterns and blankets to make. 
 // This is called chwi namul or aster scaber. You sautee it and make it into a side dish. It's one of my favorites. I love the rich earthy taste and aroma of it. All my favorite Korean side dishes are namul based. They are made from herbs, plants or roots found in the mountains and boiled, sauteed and marinated. You can find a recipe here if you'd like to try. Our house smelled of chwi namul on Sunday and I loved it. Just like how mama's kitchen was. 
 // New Sticky9 {formerly known as Stickygrams} magnets came in the mail a couple of days ago. I have been ordering these since they first came out. I remember I had to request and wait for an invite to order back then. I order these every few months and try to get caught up with the seasons. I think I got up to spring so far. What's so great about Sticky9 is that now you can print any pictures. Before they were just exclusive to pictures on your Instagram account. 
 // Piri's Place is officially celebrating its second client. Her name is Truffles and she is a 1 year old Keeshond. She really is a sweet sweet dog. And she's curious and likes to scavenge around the house. She's also kind to not get in Piri's way a lot. All my life I never really had dogs that liked to lick your face. Truffles, as was Sadie, is a licker. I feel like they are trying to make up for what I've been missing out on my entire life {yes, that many licks!}. 
 // Is it me or do they look slightly guilty here? Or as if they got caught plotting for dog domination? 
Have a great week ahead. 

54 comments

  1. LOL yes they DO look guilty in that picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely weekend! it sounds blissful. clever description of that bag - i would have been very tempted too! now you have the motivation to crochet all those blankets :) seems like you've already got the hang of it! and how nice that Piri had a friend to play with. x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have these lofty dreams of crocheted blankets and even hats! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Jane,

    Your weekend sounds to have been wonderful. It feels good when you have set your mind on accomplishing some tasks and after the weekend they are all completed. A great start to the working week!

    It looks as if your dog and the guest are partners in crime! Just what exactly have they been up to we wonder? Whatever, it is good to have the storage basket to keep things out of their way......but will your dogs find a way inside.....we suspect they might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment! And Piri and Truffles are very much partners in crime! :)

      Delete
  4. What an adorably cute and busy day you had! Liked the profile photo taken at the Love Park....enjoyed my visit there last year. Have an absolutely wholesome and lovely week!
    May x
    www.walkinginmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! we enjoyed philadelphia as well. so rich in history :)

      Delete
  5. Your weekend sounds perfect! Truffles is so cute that I want to squeeze her. I like the sound of prepping the week of dinners on Sunday! I should do the same.

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like spending time on sunday to prep the vegetables and other side dishes for the week. it's a little extra work but i don't mind :)

      Delete
  6. What a nice weekend! Truffles is (almost) as cute as Piri. :) I saw on that Sticky9 website that they have collage frames for magnets... what a cute idea. Nice work on the crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the jute bag! Where was it made I wonder?

    Love the shot of Piri looking out of the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it says it's handcrafted in India but I am not sure how commercial or not World Market is :) i love that picture too of Piri.

      Delete
  8. i seriously love that basket/bag and i think your granny squares are coming out great! glad you guys had a great weekend! how's piri handling the visitors??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piri and Truffles are getting along great. She is gentle with him which I appreciate since Piri is a lot slower and he doesn't like to play. :)

      Delete
  9. So many lovely things! The granny squares are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely and very busy but good by the sounds of it. Piri's Place, what a great name.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of doing all your food prep for the week on Sunday. I need to try that sometime. Yay for Piri's Place :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be hard to do -- prepping the food -- but now I don't mind. :)

      Delete
  12. I just laughed out loud at the position of Truffles in the last shot :p
    Oh dogs, they never seize to amaze me :3 Our dog is like 80+ in human years and he can still go nuts and run around the garden, it's so funny too see :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There are other pictures of her and she kind of looks like a cute little werewolf!

      Delete
  13. Great job on the squares!! And love the gram magnets! I need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many wonderful things on this post, Jane:) Yay on those granny squares, and that jute bag....want want want!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like such a productive weekend! I love how the dogs get the best view in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they certainly do have the best view! :)

      Delete
  16. so fun. I love that you update your magnets every so often. that's a great idea.
    I also love that you splurged and got the tote you have been eyeing! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pix as I usually do, and that bag is great! You like to crochet? Funny I am working for the publisher that publishes Vogue Knitting, Crochet, Knit Simple and Noro magazines. It is really fun. They are great magazines with great ideas you should check them out.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how neat! Thanks for the magazine tips!

      Delete
  18. Hey Jane! I love the way you prepare meals for the week! That's smart and makes things so much easier. I love your new tote! You're going to get so much use out of it. I love the style of it. World Market has soooo many neat things and around holiday time it can be dangerous. HaHaHa Your blanket will come out fine! The squares look great. Piri and Truffles are just too cute! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right! it's going to be hard with the holidays! i may not be able to keep away from world market :)

      Delete
  19. Oh what a lovely weekend! That guilty face is priceless hehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous weekend indeed! I love that you got all of those veggies fixed for the week! And your squares!!! I need to learn how to make those!!! Lovely all around sweet friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww Piri's place so sweet! I love how you fill your blog with all the fun, big and small things in your life, makes it super delightful to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous weekend, love the picture of them both together, what a great pair, such sweet faces :))) I hope your week will bring even more fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they are a great pair too! :)

      Delete
  23. Oh, Jane you look so talented! Weekends are my favorite, nowadays "even in weekends" we hardly find time to take a rest though. But still weekends are so fun. I loved your guest dog too <33 but Piri is my favorite of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bag is a cutie!!! Definitely your impulse buy is worthy! :) The blanket is looking very nice, how many more squares would you need to finish it? And what a great idea is "Piri's place" the new guest is beautiful! Is Piri having fun with his new visitor? Is Truffle a little less active than Sadie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness. i have no idea how many more squares in need but probably a lot more! :) Piri is good with the new visitor but he doesn't like to play much and she's been nice and leaves him alone :) Truffles is a lot less active but she does get her energy spurts!

      Delete
  25. Oh my goodness. How did you manage not to kidnap Truffles when her owners came back! What a cutie! And I hear you on the perfectionism trap. I don't think I've made a single knitting project I haven't restarted at least 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How fun to have another doggy guest! Piri must love having the extra company

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your house looks completely amazing, not gonna lie. And I'm SO IMPRESSED by your granny squares!! I want to do something like that too, it's just been on the back burner for forever. Also how did you get started with Piri's Place? I want to sit doggy friends heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The granny squares are coming along very nicely! & Truffles is so fluffy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.