September 5, 2014

Some thoughts heading into the weekend.

You know what kind of stinks about moving to a new neighborhood? Finding new doctors and vets. We didn't really have an opinion of our previous ones so we've been researching new places {closer to home} so that we can all get our wellness check ups annually {for Piri, every 6 months}. 

Do you get your annual check ups done? I particularly am not proactive about making appointments each year. Yangkyu has to make multiple pleas and sometimes he actually has to make the appointment in order for me to get my butt to the doctor's office. I know. I need to grow up. But I do think they are important. 

Yesterday, we both went in for about an hour and met with our new doctor. She seemed really nice. She listened to everything I had to say, never cutting me off. I liked that. A doctor who really listens to you. I also got a pap smear and breast exam done. And you know, I got my blood drawn and peed into a cup {sorry if this is TMI}. These always seem like a hassle to do but once I get them over with, I'm glad I did it. 

Another great thing about our new doctor? Her office is literally 3 minutes away. I knew it wasn't far but I didn't know it was this close. Not long after we began driving, Yangkyu pulled into an area that looked like a street and I said, "so where is this place?", to which he replied, "um.. we're here." 

Now all we need to do is find a place for Piri. I'm always not sure if the vet is really invested in Piri or if they are just trying to scam me into paying more. Isn't that a horrible thing to think? It's unfortunate that I have to feel guarded, but past experiences tell me that not all vets care the way you want them to. I miss our NY vet very much. He was a kind soul and really looked out for Piri. And I felt that he was genuine. Hopefully we'll meet someone like him soon. 

Anyway, what are you all up to this weekend? 

We have our second overnight doggy guest coming by on Saturday. She is a 1 year old Keeshond. All fluff and cute. There is also more yard work to be done. I know this must sound so terrible to everyone but we're so new at this that we've actually been enjoying it. Little by little we've been investing in gardening tools {we bought this really neat weed plucker and it felt so good pulling them out by the roots!} and also reading up on how to care for our lawn. Next year it'll be about how to start a garden. I'm kind of nervous about this one because our container gardens haven't done so well. I'm afraid the harsh sun may make all our vegetables wilt because there isn't adequate shading. But here I go getting ahead of myself again. These worries I guess can wait until next year. 

Thanks for stopping by this blog of ours and reading and also interacting with us. I always feel this way but I thought to mention it this time around. I'm feeling especially thankful. Perhaps it's because we're also celebrating chuseok over the weekend {sort of like a Korean Thanksgiving but not really}. We'll be missing our parents extra. 

Whatever you have planned for the weekend, I hope it's a good one. 

41 comments

  1. You know....I enjoy mowing the lawn that I won't let my hubby do it. It's therapeutic, eh? Hehe
    Anyhoo, gardening sounds awesome even though I've never really gotten the time to try it. I think container gardening is a different ball game though so even if you're not doing so well with that, actual gardening in your own yarn would probably be a success:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Yangkyu how I want to take over mowing the lawn. :)

      Delete
  2. Ugh! I need to do the same thing about finding a new doctor after moving back. And dentist. Dreading both! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I know that having a pet is hard work, but I don't think I quite realise just how much - there's a lot to think about! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and happy Chuseok! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot to think about! Food, wellness prevention! :) But it's all worth it!

      Delete
  4. I am much better than I used to be about my doctor visits. When I was a student and working several jobs, I never made time to take care of myself. Being "younger" made me feel like I didn't necessarily have to (which I suppose has SOME truth). But, nowadays, I'm more proactive and don't want to end up hating myself if I didn't take care of myself. We actually have the opposite case where I have to nag my husband to go to to the doctor. Sometimes, he does take care of himself but, most often, I have to ask repeatedly. =) \
    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! that's great that you're proactive. I really have to be. Sometimes I worry for no reason. It's really silly. x(

      Delete
  5. Oh, it sounds like owning a house for the first time is all kinds of wonderful. Glad you guys are getting into the swing of things, and I hope you find a lovely vet for Piri soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm bad about going to the doctor too. I also have to make an appt. with a new doctor I haven't seen before. It's true, you feel better after you've gotten it over with.

    This weekend I'm going to have another garage sale. I'm on a mission to clear out that garage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a successful garage sale!

      Delete
  7. I hope you find one for Piri soon! We haven't been able to find one for our kittes, and we really need to get on the ball on that. Hope you have a good weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you find the right one for your kitties as well!

      Delete
  8. I just stumbled across your blog, and I love it! <3 anyway, I'm pretty terrible at making appointments to visit the doctor only because I start feeling anxiety whenever I go to the doctor or dentist! haha. I'm sorry you have to go through the trouble of finding a new vet, but I wish you luck & hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to visiting yours soon! Hope your weekend was wonderful.

      Delete
  9. I understand about the Vet thing, one of the vets at the practice we take Gremlin doesn't seem to care and that makes me sad. All the other ladies are super lovely though so for the time being they keep us coming back :) Super important to get check ups. I make my dental visit regularly but only seem to go to the doctor if there is a problem - you've inspired me Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind paying for the bills but just certain things they suggest I question. At times I feel like they pile on more and more things and just try to push to get as many $$$ as they can in one visit. It's really irritating.

      Delete
  10. Ah I never go to the doctor, I need to find a new one! Good luck with the vet hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find a doctor and pay a visit!

      Delete
  11. love Piri's rug! love to come here and read! enjoy your Korean thanksgiving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jane! Preventive medical care is so important. It can save your life. I try to stay on top of doctor visits. Glad you had yours. Hope you find a great vet for Piri. Sincere doctors can be hard to find. Have a great weekend. Things will work out with your garden next year. Take one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So great that you think this way!!

      Delete
  13. Your second doggy guest sounds exciting! Glad you are enjoying it

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always difficult to find a new vet or doctor that clicks. I found a vet that we have been visiting for 4 years now through a friend's recommendation. We have taken him to vets prior to that and for some reason, it felt a bit abrupt and uncomfortable. This time, the vet is really interested in my cat and knows him well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good to hear. I hope to find someone that we like soon.

      Delete
  15. Hope you are able to find a great vet for Piri! My husband and I took the girls on a bike ride this morning (they rode and we ran which proved to be quite the workout!) and we also went to the farmer's market. A simple but great day. :) Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh family bike rides sound so fun! Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.

      Delete
  16. You've inspired me to find a new doctor. Mine is quite a grump - he seems perpetually upset with me.

    All the bets in finding a suitable vet for Piri x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. i hope i find the right person for piri soon too. thanks!

      Delete
  17. My vet came very highly recommended by my trainer but the first few months of vet bills from him - OOOF. I feel like he went to the doctor more in the past year than I ever did. I hope you find someone who is wonderful for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when Piri's vet bills are ridiculous. I don't mind when they are for prevention or wellness but there are times during illnesses when it feels like they are milking me for all i've got. sometimes i feel as though they take advantage of the situation. i think i really got fed up when they kept pushing ear surgery on piri when i didn't think he needed it. i don't mind the expensive bills but expensive bills that seem unnecessary really pisses me off.

      Delete
  18. Hope you had the nicest weekend Jane! I am the same with the doctors' appointments, specially the dentists, always pulling off. For the check ups I have one per year included for my work, so I try to seize that opportunity so I don't have to look for another doctor appointment. However I have to admit that I skipped this years (it is usually before summer), but now you are reminding me I definitely should try to schedule it for this fall instead. However I am more regular with Juno, we are lucky to go to a vet office that is only specialized with cats and they are the sweetest and also very affordable; I feel we are lucky because I have heard about the dog bills nightmares....

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.