October 14, 2014

A Girl and Her Dog: Michelle + Winston.

Hello! I have a lot of dog on my mind lately, especially with our latest DogVacay guest who unfortunately is going back home today. We're sure gonna miss his happy tail wags and big bulging round eyes he likes to stare at us with right before we throw his tennis ball for a game of fetch! 

I thought there could be one more room for another special dog around these neck of the woods and so today is perfect for our October "A Girl and Her Dog" feature, which comes to us from Michelle and Winston from Melbourne, Australia. So excited to have them here! 

Michelle and Winston had the kind of Instagram account name you just had to click on and see - WINSTONCURLYTOPS. Do you know what I mean? From days on the beach, to dress up and doggie naps, Winston takes you on his daily adventures, sometimes innocent, sometimes mischievous, and you can't help but want to try and reach into the screen and give him a big ole hug and a kiss. He likes to share these times with the human girl in his life who gave him a chance when no one else seemed to want him, and she is always there to capture his best moments. 

Here is all about Michelle and Winston. 


The girl: Michelle Kyd
The Dog: Winston. Cavoodle/cavapoo, a king charles cavalier x poodle
Michelle's favorite snack: Chocolate
Winston's favorite snack: Grilled chicken 
From: Melbourne, Australia
Find them on: @winstoncurlytops

My husband and I had talked about getting a dog, but were living in an apartment so had decided to wait until we had a house. I saw Winston one day and was besotted. He was 13 weeks old and all his brothers and sisters had long been sold (someone had bought and returned Winston and no one really wanted an "older puppy"). I bought him right then on the spot and took him home, much to my husband's surprise! He has been the best thing we've ever done; I have had some tough times with work over the past twelve months; and I have often said to people that Winston has been my little life saver, always giving me endless love, and making me laugh, particularly when he looks at you with that gorgeous little face...who could resist! 


Thank you so much Michelle & Winston. 
You can see more of the life they share on Instagram at @winstoncurlytops

Photos via Michelle. 
Read other "A Girl and Her Dog" stories here

25 comments

  1. Winston is so adorable! It's so true, our dogs give us endless love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are kinda awesome that way aren't they? :)

      Delete
  2. aw what a sweetheart Winston is! love this series. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winston is the absolute cutest!!! What a story! I'm so glad Michelle got him. I love the picture of him with his birthday hat on! He wears hats well. Such a beautiful job!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) that birthday picture is a cute one

      Delete
  4. Soooo presh! He's adorable and ugh I just love love at first sight pet stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Winston is such a darling name for a dog. What a cutie! I can't wait to get one, counting down to 6 months from now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post!! I love this feature (mainly because I love my dog so much!). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless, this dog is the sweetest, what an adorable face :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah what a heart stealer! It's impossible not to love the bond people have with there animals and so nice they were able to help each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree - the bond is just really lovely to see :)

      Delete
  9. oh gosh Winston is such a cutie! That photo of him in a hat just melted my heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, Winston looks so much like our old dog Tilly the Tibetian Terrior. Cheeky guys they are.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.