October 13, 2014

Add a miniature dachshund for more fun!

Over the weekend we had a last minute Dogvacay reservation request that came in and so a 4-year old miniature dachshund named Napoleon has been vacationing with us. He's staying until Tuesday, which mean until then we're also being showered with a lot of doggie licks , wags and serenades {for Yangkyu}. Our past guests have been great, but Napoleon's personality seems to be the best match for Piri and his energy level. They have been getting along pretty well. 

We had so many plans for the weekend but the rain on Saturday but all killed our moods to be productive and so instead we snuggled under warm blankets and got caught up with our favorite shows - The Big Bang Theory, Madam Secretary {we love Tea Leoni!} and The Walking Dead - and had way too many take out foods than we had hoped. Ok, just a note -- I'm not really a fan of The Walking Dead. I did sit through the premiere last night with Yangkyu and yep, I'm still not a fan. I think I let the goriness of it all distract me from the actual storyline. So gross. 

Other exciting thing from the weekend? I finally learned how to crochet a hexagon. And now I need to collect branches - short and long, thin and thick - because I have a couple of things I want to make for the home. 

How were your weekends? Hope it was a good one! 

40 comments

  1. Hi Jane!! Love these photos. Napoleon looks dynamite!! See what I did there?? Yeah I know, I have no shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napoleon is such a cutie!. Your jar of cranes is coming along colourfully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! those things are so hard to fold!

      Delete
  3. i love those paper crane. sounds like a very cozy weekend you had. sometimes that's all we need. i hope you're getting even more inspired after a relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie! Also, I'm totally in love with that first photo of the paper cranes. They look like they're flying out of the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaw....too bad you didn't like TWD. It is pretty gory, but how I love that show:D
    Always love seeing your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am probably not giving it my all to watch and get interested! ;)

      Delete
  6. Napoleon is so cute! I'm so glad he gets along well with Piri :) I hope Piri is doing well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) piri is on and off - he'll have his energetic days but other days he just has no strength. sigh. but we're taking it day by day!

      Delete
  7. I love The Walking Dead :') And I'm no gore lover girl
    but I just find the storyline good enough!
    Anyway loving the pictures that I see here + instagram!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one day i'll have to give it a fair shot!

      Delete
  8. Awwwh I love that you get these doggie guests!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Napoleon is just too cute! HaHaHa Love how you captured him Jane. Great pics. It's been super rainy here. We're going to have bad weather until at least Thursday. So it's amazing all the inside stuff one can do. HaHaHa
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he has the funniest and cutest expressions :)

      Delete
  10. great pictures.. yay for piri having a buddy around

    ReplyDelete
  11. Napoleon is just the cutest!! I saw him on IG and just had to come by to find out more. Glad to hear him and Piri are getting along so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad they got on pretty well too! :) hope napoleon comes back and stays with us again!

      Delete
  12. Napoleon is the cutest and high five for always capturing awesome dog portraits - animals are hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Walking Dead :) It's one of the few shows that my husband and I watch together after the kiddos are tucked in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) i'll have to give it another try one of these days!

      Delete
  14. He and Piri are both adorable! And I don't like the Walking Dead either for the exact same reason...I just can't get past how gory it is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that this little guy's name is Napoleon - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a darl! I have a dacshund myself and they are the sweetest creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Napoleon - that is too hilarious and cute. He looks like such a character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was! standing on his hind legs for treats. he loooves to eat! i think if we let him he would've eatin all day!

      Delete
  18. It must be so nice for Piri to have another four legged friend in the house to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh boy Napoleon looks like bags of fun. What a blessing.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie patootie new companion Piri has :) Hope Piri is doing better most of the days. Hexagon! wow, that seems a milestone, I hope you can share more details about what you are going to knit with this new technique for your home.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.