October 23, 2014

Every time I hear this song, I remember that time way back when.

Sometimes old memories flood my head with a sound of a song. Does that ever happen to you? 

Today I got reminded of the time when Yangkyu and I used to date -- the time when we shared the little shoebox studio in Rego Park, NY, and got our favorite tacos on 63rd Drive. We created so many memories there. Oh how much time has passed. 

Around this time we dubbed a song as ours. And now every time I hear it I get reminded our days in Queens - when we were young, in love and just silly to the bones. I guess now we're old, in love and still silly to the bones. 

 // This is our song -- Chiisana koi no uta by Mongol800, which we love, but the cover by Goosehouse gives us the goose bumps. 

24 comments

  1. Aaaah! Yangkyu was a such a babyface. Good song, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree he looks sooooo young in these. Its really cute to see you two in your dating lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you too look so cute :) There's nothing like a good song to re-live the good ol' times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i agree! i do this with other songs too! totally brings me back to that time :)

      Delete
  4. You two are the cutest, love these pictures :)) Baby faces :))) This is the same for me with a lot of songs, I can connect them to many memories :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i do as well! like for instance, madonna's song vogue totally brings me back to the playground during elementary school when everyone was trying to copy her moves! :)

      Delete
  5. Ah you cuties pies! Still cutie pies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pics, Jane:D And that song, even though I don't understand it, has such a great beat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first photo (B&W) of you guys is so adorable! Were you at a karaoke box? :) I used to frequent those (although my musical talent is nowhere to be seen) with my friends when we were younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! we were totally at a karaoke box. we used to live there too. and record ourselves on a CD! :)

      Delete
  8. ohh I definitely understand what you mean! it always happen to me, songs and smells make me feel back in those days, memories.
    both you look way tooooo cute, and hope you'll always be in love <33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes! Songs for me definitely provoke memories. They go way back to elementary school and such. HaHaHa Cute pictures of you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥♥♥♥ Nothing works its magic like "our song"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look as cute together back then as you do now!! it's amazing how certain songs or things or smells get you back to a certain memory of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little you guys!! So so so cute! My song with Ilhan is Such Great Heights, the Postal Service version. That always makes us think of when we first started dating. Songs have a real way of transporting you back to different times of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.