October 10, 2014

Today is "I Love Yarn Day" and other yarn stuff to head into the weekend.

This morning, Yangkyu kindly let me know that today is I love Yarn Day {he's on the Michaels email mailing list and forwards me all their deals every morning. Heh.} Actually it was more like "OMG... today is I love Yarn Day...?!" Not really a kind vibe, but more like "I can't believe there is such day, my wife is crazy about yarn, she's gonna want to go buy more yarn today because today is 'I Love Yarn Day'" kind of paranoid vibe. 

And I hope you are not sick of me talking about yarn and knitting and crocheting again. I'm just so... "hooked." Yesterday I finished a little something. I meant it to be a snood for Piri - you know, to tuck in those big cocker spaniel ears when they go out for walks and when they are eating to keep them from getting dirty - but it ended up being too big and so I was torn - turn it into a slouchy hat or wear it as a neck warmer? I got some really great suggestions from folks on Instagram and I may actually wear it as both. What do you think? And now Yangkyu wants a neck warmer too. He loves cowls and has a little collection and hopefully soon a one knitted by me will join his little collection. I'm also taking another crack at knitting a snood for Piri and guess what, I started another blanket. Eep! 

So let's see what I have finished now - a super scarf, a hat for me, Yangkyu and Piri and I finished my big jelly fish lookin circular blanket just moments ago and a little neck warmer/slouchy hat. This stuff is so fun I can hardly contain myself. 

The other day Yangkyu and I were driving home from apple picking and I mentioned how I loved this life with him and Piri. I have these moments when I am just filled with so much joy and contentment and I let Yangkyu know how happy I am. He mentioned how every time I say that it makes him feel even happier. I didn't expect that kind of reaction from him and so I became happiest {just picture a lot of happy vibes bouncing off the walls of our hatchback!} and so I said it again - "Yangkyu, I love this life with you and Piri. I couldn't ask for anything more. Ok, a baby would be nice. Oh, and some more yarn." He laughed at that one but I'm sure a big "OMG" also crossed his mind. 

Whether you knit or crochet or not, happy I Love Yarn Day! 


PS -- A friend on Facebook let me know of a game called Yarn Kirby! Oh my gosh. I couldn't believe it was real. This is like a knitter/gamer dream come true. Then another friend let me know that  Yarn Yoshi is coming out next year! I love it! 

PPS - Have you heard of Softies for Mirabel? I think it's a wonderful wonderful cause. I'm going to see if I can participate somehow. 

23 comments

  1. Such a sweet conversation you guys had! :) so much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy I Love Yarn Day to you too! Lol I'm so happy for you and how in love with your life, your hubby, and your dog you seem to be. I wish that kind of joy for everyone. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you find more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish this kind of joy on everyone too! xx

      Delete
  3. LOL you too are too cute. I know I will melt over all the ultimate cuteness when you become parents of a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are into yarn. =) I remember my mom first teaching me to knit. I never got that far with it like you have. I always meant to but then I just stopped. Seeing your neat projects has really inspired me to look into starting up again. And actually finishing something I knit. haha
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you'll get to finish a project! xx

      Delete
  5. This entry made me smile and aww and laugh in all one :) I've been feeling really grateful lately and appreciative of my life - it's a nice way to feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is definitely a nice way to feel! very uplifting :)

      Delete
  6. Happy 'I Love Yarn Day'! I think Jane, you can
    start a little homemade knit good service or
    something haha ;P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Telling people that you are happy with them are so important. It lifts one another. Loving this post, it actually makes me happy and wanting to tell my boyfriend that I am so content with him when he comes home!

    You are awesome, Jane xx

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xx i hope you got to tell him! :)

      Delete
  8. aww love the happy/happier/happiest going on with you guys - so cute! and i would love to re-learn how to crochet sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've made so many cute things!!! Can't wait to see more of what you make in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys have the most beautiful family Jane. I love your love for your hubby and Piri. You're so blessed. I would use it as a snood. Looks great! Keep making beautiful things. So many types and colors of yarn out there. The possibilities are endless :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knitting is quite addictive! I've tried to learn to crochet but just can't get into it, so am sticking to knitting. Have fun with your needles x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww big love to the Yoos :) and yay for your knitting growing addiction and for Yoshi's yarn game (the demo videos are aaaamazing)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.