November 5, 2014

Crazy Sexy Wool

I have been having so much fun with yarn I got over at the Wool and the Gang. Okay, I have to admit, there were times when I was a little stressed - I started over way too many times because I kept messing up. I'm still striving to be one of those knitters who can knit up something without having any mistakes, while reading a book and sipping tea. One day.. one day. But I guess before all that, I wish to be a knitter that can quickly correct a mistake without having to unravel everything and start over from the beginning. This too will be one day... one day.. because it's a nightmare when that happens. 

A few days ago I finished the Whistler Scarf I made in pink lemonade. It has its mistakes here and there but that's ok. Yesterday I went on to knit up the Nelson Collar for Yangkyu in midnight blue. Now I am itching to knit up something in their big bird yellow, fireball orange and tweed grey. How amazing are those colors?! 

I am finding out that I love big bulky yarn and knitting with big needles. I can't seem to stay away from them. But I know one day soon I'd like to knit up something using something like alpaca yarn. Just the thought of that is making me all excited. That is.. if I were an emoticon I would be a colon with a big capital D.   :D

We have a growing collection of scarves, neck warmers and knit hats. I think I want a few more hats because, you know, you can never a too many knit hats. I wonder if I will be able to challenge myself and knit up a sweater. That would be amazing to say the least. 

You know, Yangkyu and I sometimes like to strike up a conversation around winning the lottery. We talk about what we would like to do with our winnings. Of course we say the usual -  give to charity and animal sanctuaries and local shelters, share some of our winnings with family and close friends, travel with Piri, move to San Francisco {or Maui}. It just so happens that we talked about this topic a few nights ago and after running down our usual list of "to-do after winning the lottery", Yangkyu looked at me and said, "I bet if you win the lottery you'd just want to buy a lot of yarn." My eyes lit up and I smiled a big toothy smile and said "Yes! That's exactly what I want to do!" Sometimes Yangkyu reads me like an open book. Currently I'm a book all about yarn. 

What are you dreaming of knitting up? 

*Get 15% off your first order on Wool and the Gang kits, yarn and needles when you sign up using this link. If you do, I also make a small commission. Thank you! 

22 comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. You're so good with your pictures! That scarf looks like a strawberry milkshake dream <3 It's SO pretty! What an amazing accomplishment! I do not have the patients for knitting lol

    You should totally open an etsy shop, I imagine these things would make beautiful Christmas gifts. Plus, who could resist an it's shop named always with yoo?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting just gets more and more beautiful and each time you inspire me to give it a go again....i just cannot knit! Chunky knits are so perfect and just my cuppa tea.

    We also dream of winning the lottery! I dream of 2 mango farms. One in Zanzibar and another in Okinawa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty scarf! I love the color! You're on such a roll with your crocheting and knitting lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm happy to hear you are having a blast with
    knitting and crocheting c: You are really getting a
    hold of it! The pink scarf looks so warm and fluffy!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pink scarf looks so fluffy and cozy! I love working with chunky wool and big needles. Everything goes so much faster, lol! And I've been knitting for years and every one of my projects has at least one mistake. Every. Single. One.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so amazing. I have always wanted to try Wool and the Gang!! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeee! I love it! I have just gotten (back) into knitting and am obsessed with chunky yarn and huge needles! Gotta make me a scarf like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are just too cute jane! that pink yarn is adorable. love the scarf you made. lol about you buying yarn if you win the lottery. buy whatever makes you feel good. and you should totally make a sweater! you can do it!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so good at knitting, Jane! Seriously, you've made me look into this place, but I don't think I'd be half as good ;) Also, everything you make looks soooo warm, soft and comfy! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see more pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your enthusiasm!! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll be sipping tea in no time :) . These all look so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness this is just gorgeous!!! The yarn and your work!! Love it all pal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that yarn is gorgeous!! i used to think hand knit things looked more old-school grayish but those scarfs are so luxe and fashionable. bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you say you make a lot of mistakes but you're pieces always look like perfection to me, that pink colour is amazing too - I want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the scarf you made! I'm not a knitter myself but I love big chunky knits like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That scarf looks SO warm and cozy, and the color's perfect for the gloomy winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pink scarf turned out so well. It looks absolutely wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow; You look WONDERFUL with the handmade pink scarf, Jane♡♡♡
    I'm away from PC for more than a week, see you in two weeks, my friend.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*


    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely color! If I finish my currently "on the works" scarf, I am definitely going to try Wool and the Gang, they have awesome colors! That pink would keep me motivated to finish it more quickly this time, that's for sure :) Your lottery comment made me smile, just this last weekend we were playing the same game with Dani, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work and you are SO CUTE wrapped up in that pink scarf!! Also the story about you and Yangkyu and winning the lottery is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woww!! this scarf is super cute!! love the way it looks on you!!! Bulky yarn and chunky scarves are the best!! Now I really want to try Wool and the Gang!!!

    Do you have any suggestions for bulky yarns other than Wool and the Gang? Or is that good one to start out with?

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.