November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving.

This picture was taken yesterday while it was lightly snowing outside and we were patiently waiting for our Thanksgiving Dogvacay guest to arrive. His name is Murray, a 13 year old mix. He is super camera shy and so I haven't been taking too many pictures of him {but I did manage to get a few ninja-style stealth photos today}. 

This morning we watched the tail end of the Thanksgiving Day parade and also a couple of movies. Yangkyu is currently over at his aunt's house for a couple of hours and I'm spending a slow afternoon with the doggies before we start making our mashed potatoes and stuffing for our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Then it'll be continuing our tradition of watching The Sound of Music and having another go at this 1000 piece puzzle we always take out on Thanksgiving but never finish. 

Today I'm thankful for many things, but I'm especially thankful for moments like the one in the picture above. And I'm thankful that I get to do things in life that I enjoy. I'm thankful I have loved ones I get to spend the holidays with. Thanksgiving also reminds me of how privileged I am and how I have access to so many things, which I take for granted on a daily basis. And with this awareness I let myself know once again I have responsibilities with this enormous privilege I have at my hands and reflect on how I can be a better citizen in this global world we live in. 

If you are celebrating today, Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you too are spending it with the ones you love, someplace warm with laughter and good food. I also send my thoughts to those who don't get to spend Thanksgiving with their family and friends, under the various circumstances that they are in, including our animal friends. 

24 comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Yangkyu!!! Enjoy your dinner and hope you get to finish your puzzle.

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Alas the puzzle went without being finished again! Here's to better luck next year :)

      Delete
  2. I weirdly LOVE doing puzzles :-) Happy Thanksgiving, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up with an enormous headache! lol

      Delete
  3. Have a nice classical movie time and you go girl with
    that 1k puzzle! Happy Thanksgiving! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Jane! Sounds like a cosy night planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a marvellous Thanksgiving day doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. We all could do with stepping back and thinking of what we have.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warmest wishes for a Thanksgiving full to the brim with happiness and cosiness xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful message Jane! Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The food sounded delish and you both are doing things you love. So blessed.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My sis and I finished a puzzle during the break as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a wonderful celebration! I'm so late catching-up that I feel missing out so much things! :S I love that you made a puzzle for the evening, I think it's been ages since I made one (well, only helping my nephew, but that was not that challenging ;P) for myself, but I used to looove it. I should find one that inspires us (geek stuff?) and convince Dani to join ;)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.