November 21, 2014

Have a good weekend + links.

I got these in the mail earlier this week and just yesterday I began to knit a scarf for a little boy who is turning two in a few months. I'm also learning a new pattern and hopefully I'll be able to knit up a hat with little ear flaps for a little one year old girl. Both are presents for friends' little ones.

This weekend I'm probably setting us up for a crazy busy weekend, but there are a few projects I hope to get out of the way -- I want to at least get plans written down to build a few things like our floating shelves and also a wood backdrop I hope to have for my photography adventures. I also want to put up a couple gallery walls, get started on crocheting a few ornaments and make mandoo. I have been craving this stuff to no end and instead of buying the frozen bag that can be a little expensive, I told Yangkyu I think we should make some. So it's looking like a busy weekend of making and cooking. 

What do you all have planned? 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Some links to get you started -- 


 // I just loved this story. It got me all crying too. A dog's loyalty is truly immeasurable. 

 // New eyewear crush. 


 // Wreath ideas for the holidays. 

 // Because we need to keep track of all these holidays!

 // Homemade gifts to bring out the crafty side of all of us. 

 // Be brave

 // Thanksgiving recipes across the United States {Virginia is corn pudding. What is your state?}

 // A 1950 Chevy inside Old Navy in San Francisco gets yarnbombed

 // Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" syncs perfectly with this 80s aerobics video

46 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of Wool and the Gang - it's the only company that has me considering taking up knitting :) Can't wait to see what you make, those colors are so pretty ! xx Kat
    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love their needles and also their woolly yarn! :)

      Delete
  2. This wool/yarn that you use looks magical. I feel the urge to grab it out of my screen and squish it! Oh mandu looks so good!

    This weekend I might try and do some sewing - maybe go for walks if the weather is nice? I fancy nabe for dinner one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i sometimes like to squeeze them and think of the possibilities of what can be made with the, :) hope you were able to go take a walk! i love hearing about you sewing!

      Delete
  3. I wish I have time to knit again. I wanted to make a hat this year (never made one before), do you have a simple pattern you can share? I'm a total newbie in knitting ;)

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you go to sheep and stitch's website there are really great tutorials. i knit my first hat using her video tutorial. wool and the gang also has great video tutorials on different stitches!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jane! When I have time, I will surely attempt to knit my first hat ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that Fetch Eyewear donates 100% of profits to animal care and rescue! Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name for this wool, so funny :)) I hope you have a marvellous weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My coworker makes a cream corned pie with sliced boiled eggs on top. He says it's a hit. I might try it this year! And I just saw a video for arm knitting and I'm really intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! neat! arm knitting has always been something i wanted to try!

      Delete
  7. Looks like I'll have to try out my state's recipe (AZ), Cranberry Sauce with Chile. Interesting! Thanks for liking to that site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how much into knitting you have become. It's really inspiring since I always mean to take on this hobby myself. (Oh, this and every other thing on my list.)

    I saw that Old Navy truck! It's pretty cool!!

    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's neat! would love to see the truck in person!

      Delete
  9. I've never tried this yarn brand before...they look so squishy! :)
    Have a great weekend, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I'm curious about your end result of those
    wools c:
    The 'Ecuadorian Stray dog' story is touching :c
    Have a wonderful weekend Jane! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it? i cried reading it i was so touched! :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the links friend!! Can't wait to see your creation....I know it will be stunning! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little hats with flaps sounds so adorable. Show us how they turn out! Hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wouldn't the flaps have been nice? unfortunately i messed up! boo!! ;)

      Delete
  13. I'm sure you'll finish a wonderful job, Dearest Jane♪

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh that looks like you have such a nice and relaxing weekend planned ahead! Please do share photos of the results of your projects! I'm excited to see what you are planning!

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the story about the Ecuadorian dog & the Swedish adventure team - a lovely ending!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That yarn bombing is awesome - Happy Weekend Jane, hope it's nice and productive and fun and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have a lovely rest of your weekend. It's gonna be a lot of pottery and knitting for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! love the sound of that -- pottery & knitting!

      Delete
  18. Busy one fo you then, that's some things you want to get done. i'm actually under the weather, totaly lost my voice. Not stopped for a few weeks and just run myself down. Have many deadlines so I've got to keep going, but resting today.

    That knitted truck is so fun.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wool and the gang - that's epic :)

    My coworker loves to knit. May I send this post to her?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors of that yarn! So soft and pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the color shades from gang and the wool! :) I am planning on this year DIY our own wreath, so your link is extra inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.