November 28, 2014

It's been wonderful here for the past few days.


Did you celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday? 
If so, did you have a wonderful time? 
Ours was low key and great all around.

We had a small dinner with just the right amount of leftovers. 
We watched The Sound of Music, as is our tradition each year.
Yangkyu remembered one of the Von Trapp children's name {Kurt} and he sang "The hills are alive" with me when the movie started playing.
Now that's progress. 

That 1000 puzzle piece? 
Still not finished. 
And while we were in the midst of finding Dorothy's face and Bruce Lee's scars, Piri laid on top of the whole thing and declared it his.
I think it's a cocker thing. 

Our Dogvacay guest Murray has been such a sweetheart. 
I love having two senior dogs with me. 
They are gentle, yet still playful, but overall just so calm and loving. 
He's been getting a whole lot of belly rubs. 

Piri and Murray have been getting along so well. 
The first night when Murray was with us it was snowing and Murray was a little wary of our deck and backyard. 
Despite the fact that Piri does not like snow, he ran in and out the house as if to show Murray that it was ok to go outside, showing him how it was done.
It was the cutest thing. 
I don't know where Piri found the energy to run and prance around all over the snow. 
But it was so good to see him that way.

I've been crocheting little Christmas trees and getting our home ready for decorations. 
That giant list of things I need to get done before the holidays roll around in full force is made.
I'm feeling pretty good. 

We usually pick up our tree right after Thanksgiving, but since we have a guest this year who is staying until late Sunday night, we'll be heading out next weekend. 
I can't wait.
It's one of my favorite things to do during the holidays - picking out and trimming the tree. 

Things have been really wonderful here for the past few days. 
I hope you feel a similar kind of wonderful wherever you are. 

Happy weekend. 

47 comments

  1. I am not built for the cold Jane yet when I see your cosy home I think I could deal with it somehow. Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was perfect! Bless Piri for braving the snow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) i am soo not built for snow either but something about this year is making it a little different. maybe i'm getting old. ha.

      Delete
  2. Thanksgiving sounded marvellous...all that snow and coldness doesn't appeal to me, haha. I am not made for winter...I sooo hate winter when I lived back home in Michigan in the states, i always felt like it was never going to end. The winter is much milder where I live in the UK, so I am happy for that...though making snow angels or snowmen is always the good side :))) Have a wonderful weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Michigan! You must have gone through rough winters! :)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. We got rain instead of snow in NYC but I'm ok with that. Our family didn't cook this year and went out for K-BBQ which was all kinds of yummy and filling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a great Thanksgiving! :D

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving! We celebrated our's over a month ago. The Canadian thanksgiving is always in early October.

    And you have more snow than us here in Toronto. That's so strange..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah a similar kind of wonderful would be nice indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great to read you had a great Thanksgiving, Jane. You deserve it:) And how cute is Piri and Murray?!?! Aaaaaaw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murray was so so cute. He's coming back for New Year's so we can't wait! He's a big bear :)

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh, what a cute dog you have. He looks absolutely adorable in that wooly jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And it looks like nothing less, wonderful indeed. That 1000 puzzle piece made me smile, I don't prognose to it the bright future if it continues to be Piri's favorite spot ,-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy you guys have been having a wonderful few days!! Piri and Murray look so cute! I miss snow so much (not that I got it a lot when I was living in California unless I was out snowboarding) but I love snow. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you had a lovely weekend as well!

      Delete
  10. sounds like a great thanksgiving and piri looks so helpful with that puzzle haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! do your pugs do that too? get in the middle of things? :)

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! Hope your weekend's going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies. I love all the songs. Love the wedding march. It's classic and I've watched it since I was a little girl. LOL at Piri in the middle of the puzzle. Your houseguest Murray is just too cute. Everyone is so relaxed. That's nice.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Another Sound of Music fan! :D

      Delete
  13. This post warms my heart :) I've had a rollercoaster past couple of days. Really low lows and really high highs, does that make any sense? So glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sending you good thoughts Juni!! xx

      Delete
  14. Omg SO cute about Piri running back and forth to show Murray how safe it is. Too precious! And that's amazing Yangkyu remembered one of the Von Trapp children's names hehe. I still have to get Ilhan to watch Sound of Music. And I'm really jealous of all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. hope you get plenty during the winter!

      Delete
  16. Your weekend sounds so lovely. And omg, look at all that snow! I love the little traditions that you and your hubby share, so cute. I wanna start some traditions of my own. I think there's something innately sweet about familiarity sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos friend! And I love that you both watch the Sound of Music every year!!! Sorry I have not been by as we had a nasty stomach flu over here this past week. Wishing you another lovely week ahead!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! sending healing thoughts!

      Delete
  18. Sounds like you had a lovely, peaceful weekend! I also baked cookies this past weekend. That is so sweet and adorable that Piri lead the way for Murray to follow him out to the snow. & btw the neck warmer looks perfect on Piri :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL Piri totally owns that puzzle. And I love that he's so kind with his new friend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reading this made me all sorts of emotional <3 Jane, you truly have such a gift for capturing moments and memories -- I can't express how much I love these photos. The sense of coziness and contentment shines through in every expression and photo. Also, I died at Piri on top of the puzzle -- so so hilarious. And your story about Piri, Murray, and the snow on the deck is just too much. I love all of this. Thank you for sharing such lovely glimpses into your life! Sending love and hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol to Piri on the puzzle - seems like a cat trait too :) I love puzzle building and I love your blue wall and am glad it has grown on you guys too! Also how super sweet to hear the cute interactions between the elderly doggies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dogs and cats are not different after all :)

      Delete
  22. Awww my heart melts with the story of Piri's showing to Murray how it was ok to run with the snow on the deck, so cute. And what a dapper guy Murray is! so handsome! I laughed with the puzzle and Piri on top of it, this is also sooo Juno-ish ;)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.