November 14, 2014

Tighter, cluttered spaces during colder months.

 // Our dining table didn't look much like a dining table at one point but a place to set random thingamajigs and trinkets and stuff. // 


Despite the fact that I had a boatload of things to do yesterday I had an urge to do something that I haven't done in a long time. 

Rearrange the living space. 

I used to scare Yangkyu every time I would randomly say "I want to rearrange {insert room name}." I would do this probably at the worst times ever, like 8 pm on a Sunday night. Other times I would surprise him and start re-arranging when he wasn't home. He would figure out what I'm up to when he would try and open the front door to come inside and it would only open on a crack because I would have all sorts of things blocking the way. {I know.. fire hazard...} 

Anyway, that's what ended up happening yesterday. While Yangkyu was out seeing his chiropractor, I began to rearrange the living room. And now that we have a bigger space the front door wasn't crowded, but Yangkyu still gave that look when he saw the mess I was making after he came home. When he proceeded to go upstairs to get back to work, Piri promptly escaped with him. Oh I felt so betrayed. 

But what I always like is that after everything has found its new place, we all end up liking the re-arrangement a whole lot. I think I go into these phases - during the colder months, I like things that look ever so slightly cluttered with tighter spaces. Then during the warmer months, I like things that are more cleaner, minimalist with wider spaces in-between things. 

So right now, that's what it's like. Tighter spaces. 

I'm still trying to find a corner in our home where I can take photographs and set up a little DIY studio. I am finding that the natural lighting and the shadows are a bit more tricky here than our previous living space, but I'm sure I can work something out. 

Our chalkboard wall is also moving so after all the paint jobs and new spaces are figured out, I'm all good to go to hibernate in the winter. 

What do you have planned for the weekend? 

We're going to a birthday party of a cute little one year old and we also have a meet and greet with a furry guest who will stay with us in December. Piri's Place is all booked for the holidays and we're so excited about it! 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

14 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! My husband does the "Let's rearrange the ________ room now" on a whim too! Haha. I don't really like the process of moving heavy furniture around or re-painting rooms, but you're right -- after it's done, we both like it a lot better. Hope you have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely get the urge to re-arrange stuff, but it sure does feel good when I do, so I totally get what you're saying:)
    Have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how rearranging your space can give you a boost. And speaking of chiropractors it is so hard to find a good one. I am getting together with a friend this weekend. Hope you have a good one.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like me!!! My husband complains that I pick the craziest times to start projects! I laughed out loud when I read that!! I can't wait to see your new spaces friend! I am with you on cozying in for the winter months! Happy weekend to you and enjoy the party!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a bit of re-arranging :) We're moving again in a couple of weeks and the first thing I look for in the new place is the room with the best light :P lol Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that wall of photos! I need to make something like that for my home. Sounds like you will have a fun weekend! My boyfriend and I are planning on making pork buns so we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to re-arange my bedroom but yeah I'm not
    so fund of moving furnitures :c
    Anyway currently watching The Hunger Games ;)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love rearranging! You feel like you're in a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rearranging ;))) I do it every now and again. My mom was obsessed with it and used to be up at like 2 in the morning moving our furniture around, hahaha :))) I hope your weekend has been going wonderfully xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great idea! I have the urge to rearrange furniture and trinkets right now. Time to hibernate inside the house. it's winter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to rearrange everything in my place as well, unfortunately there's not much room to move it to. It's fun to change things around a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of cramped, tighter spaces in the colder months. It reminds me of cuddling hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAO regarding Piri following your hubby! HaHaHa Oooh, you will love things clutter-free. There's less to dust, put away and clean up after :D I'm still minimizing my living space.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see Piri's face thinking: oh no, mad human mom arranging things ;) hahahha I also got to rearrange a little bit of our bedroom (specially our under the bed crazy organization :S) on Saturday and although hardly noticeable I feel the room lighter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.