December 22, 2014

A birthday weekend.


We had two Dogvacay guests that came and so there were extra paws to celebrate my birthday.

I got flowers with lots of yellow. 
I was happy because that is my favorite color. 
I am not sure if Yangkyu did that on purpose but I'll take it. 

Wonderful packages and cards arrived in the mail, mostly for Christmas, and Piri, but a little something for my birthday, too. It came all the way from Utah from a woman I like to call my second mom. 

There was the annual birthday call from my parents and my mom was in such great spirits. It was her birthday in Korea time (she was born on the 21st and me on the 20th) and my birthday in US time. So we said happy birthday to each other. And she told me about two stray cats that she has been taking care of for a month now who came crying at my parents' door, wet and hungry, but now have put some weight on and have become special companions to them. I love how much she loves animals. 

I randomly cast on a creamy colored yarn on my long circular needles hoping and wishing that it'll turn out to be a pretty shawl.
We shall see. 

There were movie marathons of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and an attempt at Star Wars, but I just couldn't sit through The Phantom Menace. No. It wasn't happening.  I don't know how I sat through it in the theaters but no. Not this time.

A birthday cake was from a bakery that isn't really a favorite but their shortcake was nothing but delicious and I alllmost finished it in one sitting. {it was actually gone by the next day}

An oh "sew" perfect gift landed in my hands and I am going Pinterest nuts. {I saw this sewing machine on Yasumi's blog and put it on my birthday/Christmas list. I'm so glad I got it!}

We hung up some more solar powered lights out back and now it runs merrily along our gated fence. 

It was a combination to a perfect birthday weekend -- dogs, yarn, yellow flowers, good movies, incoming mail, fun phone conversations, magical lights, a gift that's been on the wish list for a year and some scrumptious shortcake. 

How were your weekends? I hope it included some amazing combinations of lovely little things as well. 

PS - Thank you so much for your birthday wishes! They always make me feel so giddy! 

19 comments

  1. Happy birthday! Love your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an amazing birthday weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a late happy birthday. I'm glad to see that so much went so beauifully and you were made to feel extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday {with lots of tail wags too}! Happy belated birthday to you and your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to you and your Mom! Sounds like you had the perfect celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've had a lovely birthday! Enjoy your sewing machine and keep us posted how it is going :-)

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad u had a wonderful day! And a lovely flower, it reminds me of mimosa and a springtime (-:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated b-day! Sounds like you had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a much-deserved fantastic bday, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a wonderful time :) Happy belated birthday, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The most perfect weekend it sounds like to me you!!! I am so glad that you were wrapped in love!!! Merry Christmas Jane! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers. The color yellow is such a spirit lifter. Your birthday cake was gorgeous. I bet it was delicious. Piri and his friends are just too cute.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday Jane!! I hope your day was filled with lots of joy and love :) seems like you and the puppies enjoyed yourselves:)
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww sounds like such fun! Glad you have a great birthday - Yangkyu is a good spoiler :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated happy birthday Jane! Love the yellow blooms and your cake looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday Jane!! Hope you had a lovely birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful weekend! happy birthday! and many more birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are we seriously nerd movie soulmates?! I can't sit through the Phantom Menace either...it's just SO BAD. But I love the original trilogy! It's amazing! I'm glad your birthday weekend was magical and I hope that shawl really turns out beautiful :]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw Jane, you totally get the animal love after your mother! :) I loved reading it. Your birthday sounds so great, yellow flowers make everything look bright, they are a perfect birthday treat :) Oh and glad you didn't seat through Phantom Menace, no need to do that to yourself! hahahahaha, keeping in mind only the first trilogy exists, really! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.