December 30, 2014

Piri's year in review.

This is our third year doing this. It's always fun to look back on things from what we think is a perspective of Piri {I know.. those crazy dog people}.

I can't believe we celebrated his 15th birthday this year, and despite him being older and having stage 3 kidney disease, he has these moments where he'll break out into a trot or prance around the yard or fling his toys around, like he did when he was a puppy. 

Much of the second half of the year I worried about his waning appetite and weight loss, and while he still goes back and forth with his food {he just recently had another episode of not eating and then eating again}, we are incredibly thankful for his resilience and also the people who have showed us so much love, care and support through some difficult and good times. 

Piri is always in our narrative - past, present and future. We wouldn't have it any other way. 

Here is Piri's year in review, 2014. 

 ^^ It snowed a lot in the beginning of the year. I don't like snow much. ^^ 

^^ But my human dude made me this. I thought it was pretty cool.^^

 ^^ But then this happened. The human dude said it was supposed to be me. Um. No. I don't think my nose is that big. ^^ 

^^ I celebrated my 15th birthday with all my friends. Oh and the human girl made me a party hat. I think I have a lot of patience. ^^ 

 ^^ She also got me toothpaste and toothbrush as birthday presents. I thought she was joking. She wasn't. I think she's losing it. ^^ 

^^ But she did leave random beds for me. This one was so soft and warm. ^^ 

^^ And this one so sleek and cool!^^

 ^^ I learned that this is called a cherry blossom. ^^ 

 ^^ And I saw them in full bloom all around Washington D.C.! ^^

^^ Summer quickly came. ^^ 

^^ And my human girl made me a flower bracelet. ^^ 

^^ And I found a shallow creek to play in and ate apples there, too. ^^ 

^^ I learned that if I made this face...^^

^^ I got more strawberries to eat! ^^

 ^^ We went on car rides. I loved every single one. ^^

^^ Summer is always fun with the human dude and human girl. ^^ 

^^ And this summer was pretty special because I found out that I could fly! ^^

^^ Bath time though. They are bad all year round. ^^ 

^^ We bought a house and the humans got this footstool sofa just for me. ^^ 

^^ And every day I welcomed home the human dude right from this door. ^^ 

^^ And I found a new favorite window. I think they made this just for me. The height is just perfect. ^^ 

^^ I was busy telling the humans how to take care of the yard. It was hard work. They have no idea what they are doing. ^^ 

^^ We went back to Virginia Beach and it was so much fun. ^^ 

^^ I played so much and was wiped out at night. I slept in the hotel bed right next to the humans. It was nice. ^^

^^ I became the President and CEO of Piri's Place and so many cool dogs came to stay with us. This is Truffles. She didn't like the mailman too much. ^^ 

^^ I got my own crochet rug. The human girl made it out of their old clothes. It smells like them. I liked that. ^^ 

^^ She also made me a hat with a big red pom pom. ^^ 

^^ And a snood cowl, too. ^^ 

^^ The vet said I had stage 3 kidney disease and high blood pressure. This made the human girl cry a lot. I didn't want to eat and I was tired all the time. ^^ 

^^ The human girl started to fold paper cranes for me. She said if we fold 1000 cranes then our wish will come true. Then kind people on Instagram started folding them too, and some people mailed them to us. I was so happy and thankful. ^^ 

^^ I rested. ^^ 

^^ The humans continued to include me in their lives. Like here. My pumpkin. It's a Dracula dog. {Yup. The human dude. I don't know.. this is kind of up there with the cupcake, but I let it pass. He worked so hard to carve me this. It was touching.}

^^ And my friends Hiro and Mini cheered me on. ^^ 

^^ And I felt better and decided to help out Santa again this year. ^^ 

^^ I almost put the humans on the naughty list though because they forgot again that this is mine and not the tree's. ^^ 

^^ But I changed my mind after I got this ornament. ^^ 

^^ And the human dude gives the best belly rubs. That automatically puts him on the nice list. ^^ 


Thanks for always including us in your lives. 


Love, 
Piri, Jane & Yangkyu

 // Piri's year in review 2013 & 2012


17 comments

  1. What a big year Sir Piri had! Can't wait to see what smiles he brings in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Always nice to see adorable Piri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Piri had quite the year! Can't wait to see what's next for him in 2015!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, sweet Piri. Wishing him (and you two, of course) a blessed year in 2015! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw this is the just the sweetest. I love seeing Piri and I am really wishing the best for this sweet dog.
    Happy 2015!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, beautiful family, beautiful pup <3 Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww Piri you cutie! Your human pals do a good job (so many thoughtful presents!!) and you do have amazing patience - congrats on the CEO position too :) :) Happy 2015 to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the absolute best way to look back on the year. I loved, loved, loved every single one of them. I even saw some that I'd missed throughout the year. I loved Piri flying. I do hope things are good with Piri at the moment. He's such a sweetie!! - I hope 2015 will be fantastic for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUCH an ADORABLE post and ADORABLE photos of an ADORABLE dog. Seriously, no more perfect a dog than Piri. Keep your spirits high, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEE I die I die!!! Piri is literally the most patient dog of all time with those hats you put on him haha. And he just has the sweetest face. I hope his 2015 is just as good as 2014 was :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. jane, this was too cute! my favorites are when Piri is in a hat, with his doggy friends and peering out the window. they are just hilarious. God bless Piri! You do an excellent job taking care of him. You definitely should be commended. Happy New Year to you and your entire family.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww piri!!!! looks like piri had a great 2014 too, glad he's doing well :) happy new year to you and your family!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, all of Piri's hats. I love them all and I'm glad he had such a wonderful year

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. I've always enjoyed following your beautiful lives!

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a one sweet, warm and touching post of
    Piri again, but again Piri touches everyones heart c:
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This has to be one of my favorite posts from 2014. Hoping all is well with Piri :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.