December 28, 2014

Some of our favorite moments of 2014 {pt. 1}

The other night, Yangkyu and I talked about some of our favorite moments of the year, but quickly my mind started wandering off to the things we didn't get to have. We talked about Basil and how by now, if we had a healthy pregnancy, I would have been 5 months along. We talked about how nice it would it we were blessed to have a baby. We talked about that road trip out West we didn't take again this year and mumbled "maybe next year" as if we already knew it wasn't going to happen. It was followed by a sigh, which kind of sealed the deal. We're probably not going on that road trip any time soon.

The mind does that sometimes. It sometimes wishes for things it longs to have. But when we picked up our conversation again it was more upbeat and we realized there were a lot of amazing things that happened this year. We went on a beautiful trip to Jamaica, we bought our first home, we started Piri's Place together and we have had the most kind and wonderful clients, Piri was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease but he is here with us, eating well, walking well, wagging his tail and being the great dog that he has always been. In just three months we will celebrate his 16th birthday. 

This year has been good. Life has been good. And I'm spending it with my favorite human and dog in the world.

This morning we looked over some of our favorite moments together. Here they are, from January to June, through those cold dreary months of January winter to the beginnings of summer, my favorite favorite season. 


 // Year in Review 2013 - Part 1
 // Year in Review 2013 - Part 2


15 comments

  1. You had a beautiful colourful year. Thank you for sharing with us ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great year! Hope the next one is even better

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2014 has been a blessed and beautiful year for you. May the remaining bits of the year end bring you an even lovelier prelude to 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piri is SO cute & those little booties are adorable! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to sit down and reflect on things that had happened this year. Sometimes, it's all about timing. Things that didn't happen had a reason and so does things that happened. Through the pictures, I think 2014 had been a beautiful year for you. To get to spend time with love ones and having them around you are great blessings itself. I'm wishing you, Yangkyu and Piri a fabulous year of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hopeful and nostalgic tone you used for this post. I'm sorry the let-downs had to happen this year, but here's to hoping Piri celebrates more birthdays with his loving family.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed following you guys this year, one of my favourite places to click on the internet.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful year, gorgeous pictures. I hope the new year will bring you much happiness and adventure :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this recap, thanks so much for sharing. Your year was so beautiful and colorful, despite the downs that were undoubtedly down. It's so amazing to see your resilience and your strength through it all. Happy holidays to you and yours. Here's to an amazing new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly believe everything happens for a reason Jane. Embrace what is now. I believe all your dreams, hopes and wishes will come true. There's a time and place for everything. In time.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic pics. looks like you really had a good year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life has been good Jane! I also find too tempting to look back and think about what we were not able to get but then the reality strikes and it's so amazingly clear then that everything was too good that my poor complains are nothing compared about how life is treating us. I'm sure the next one has a pretty bunch of cool things stored for my favorite family :) - Awesome picture recap btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life has a way of balancing out doesn't it? It's easy to remember and recall the negative first but then remember we have a lot of positive, too. I still feel for you and your family that you don't have Basil. It's heartbreaking. I sympathize. But, there are so many amazing other things that have happened in 2014. You never know what 2015 may bring. I wish you the very best!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to be able to reflect upon the year and see beyond the dark times to see everything your grateful for as well :) I'm sorry you guys experiences heartbreak in 2014 but your strength around the times is super admirable and inspiring - a nice reflection on your character and something to be crazy proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember when you guys traveled to Jamaica! I loved seeing photos from your trip. Happy New Year, Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.