December 24, 2014

Year-end: Books of 2014


The only resolution I had at the beginning of the year was to read more. I used to be a bookwork but then things happened {ok, things like really great TV shows happened} and reading just took a backseat to everything. I wanted my love of reading back and so I sought to find it this year. 

I'm not sure if I got it back entirely. And I slacked. The last book I finished was back in August. But I'm not too entirely disappointed. 

Did you seek to read more this year? How did you do?


Here is what I read this year: 

 // Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 

 // I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron 

 // Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella 

 // Dog Years by Mark Doty

 // Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns by Mindy Kaling

 // Waiting by Ha Jin

 // I Feel Bad About My Neck and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron

 // The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz

 // Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple 

13 comments

  1. I will need to read these...I am behind on books, though being away unwell helpd me to start one. I hope you all have a gorgeous and glorious Christmas day...may you all be blessed with happiness and love!! Enjoy yourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a book worm too. loved the bief wondrous life of oscar wao. fabulous books. too more books in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read that Gone Girl...sigh...this is probably my worst year in terms of reading books.
    Anyhoo, Happy Holidays to you, Yangkyu and Piri!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I really need to step up my book game - I read the Sophia Kinsella one - she's hilarious! Happy holidays Jane! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your inspiring blog. And thanks for the idea....I think in 2015 reading more will be my resolution.

    Merry Christmas!

    Warm greetings from India.

    If you like you can follow me on my blog here: http://bhagya-s.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still alot more than I read in a year Jane c:
    That's a wonderful list! I myself want to read
    more but sigh, tv shows + other activity has
    taken over, anyway Merry Christmas! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so want to do a post like this. I read Gone Girl but did not care for it, and I figured out the big plot twist. But I will keep the others in mind for sure.

    And Merry Christmas!!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say that I want to read more but I usually only get through a handful of books a year. :P I really enjoyed Where'd You Go, Bernadette! Orphan Train and The Rosie Project were good ones too. I usually read with a Kindle, but I'm actually thinking about switching back to paper books... there's just something so nice about an actual book. :) Hope you have a merry Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did really good Jane! i only read 3. hahaha but one, was I Am Malala and it was so touching. i hope to read more in 2015.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mindy's book. I find that I read more when I'm travelling. I have more time during and in between transit to read. Once I'm home, I'm too lazy or busy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GONE GIRL!!! That was my favorite book of this year. But I'm currently reading Mindy Kaling's and it's pretty damn good as well. I'm literally lol-ing reading it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was planning on getting Gone Girl for my mom because I think she will love the engaging & twisting story. Which one was your favorite? I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few good ones in there but I loved Nora Ephron's books! :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.