December 3, 2014

Year-end countdown: guest blogs of the year.

I know it's only the beginning of December and doing year-end countdowns seem a bit too premature. But I have a few things I wanted to look back on and instead of having a sleuth of posts that come out one after another at the end of the month, I thought to sprinkle them throughout.  

Today, it's all about the guest blog posts of the year. 

February -- "Love In Many Ways"
Just in time for Valentine's Day, Nelah over at Maysa & Sunshine asked me to write a post for her series "Love in Many Ways." Of course I wrote about Piri and our journey so far together.


March -- Favorite moments in Jamaica
In March, I got to hang out over at Diva In Me and share some of our fondest memories of our January trip to Jamaica. I also put together a mini "him & her" things to take to Jamaica list. Those are always so fun to make, no? 


April -- "On Running" 
In April, I did a Q & A over at Othermix about running, as part of her "Running High" series. I had just started to become serious with it and so this was a fun post to share some of my reasons for running but also my crazy eighties playlist! I started to run early March of this year and did so consistently until June. By then I was running for an hour {walking a little inbetween}, burning up to 600 calories per run and feeling really great. I didn't change too much of my diet and I was able to lose 5 pounds, too. I haven't ran since the summer after my miscarriage, but definitely itching to get back to it soon. It's really a great form of exercise. 


May -- Home is With You
In the middle of spring, we were invited by one of our favorite online families, Damaris, Dani & Juno over at The Cat You & Us" to share what "Home is With You" means to us, as part of their 1 year blog anniversary. We have since moved out of that space and created a new home for us, but the same concepts holds true in what makes and means a home for us. 


September -- Doggy bow tie DIY
We got to roll our sleeves up for this fun DIY guest post we did for Little White Whale -- doggy bow ties and matching hair clips! I'm not sure how Piri felt about me sharing his spotlight, but I think he was ok with it. 


November -- DC Guide
Just last month, we did a DC Guide for A Weekend Crossing while Marla was away in Mexico. It lists out some of our favorite places we love to go to shop, sightsee and relax. 


Thanks for walking down memory lane with us! 
Can't believe 2014 is really coming to an end.
Wow.

29 comments

  1. Great round up! I loved that one on the doggy bow tie. So cute.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, i missed some of these to i'll have to go give them a read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's neat to see roundups like this. I really enjoyed reading the DC guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect little round up of just some of your good posts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great trip down memory lane, yes! You've accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that feeling when looking back! Really was a fulfilling year :)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic posts Jane. Piri is too handsome in his bowtie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great walk down memory lane, I especially loved reading your Piri love story. And bookmarking the DC travel guide btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! Hope the guide is helpful!!

      Delete
  8. WOW is right!!! I loved your look back Jane!! Hard to believe that we are trucking forward to another new year! Here is to a beautiful December for you and your crew! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of interesting things going on this year, I remember the Jamaica trips and DC guide well, also the running I was fond of. Did a similar post yesterday, but it's a bit of a read....

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it! Enjoyed it very much!!

      Delete
  10. Thank u for living and writing about the moments which do inspire. Have a beautiful December xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great round up! Thanks again for joining me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very glad to! Thanks for having me!

      Delete
  12. nice round up. such a keepsake to have. have a great day, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe the year is almost over. It went by too fast! It's always good to look back and reflect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Where did the year go!! D:

      Delete
  14. i think, that's how i found out about your blog Jane (through Nelah). i loved your post and also the DC and Jamaica one.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jane, Yangkyu and Piri! Again thanks for being part of our blog this year! We loved having you as our guests, and are looking forward to next time! :) I think this is such a lovely round up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was such an honor having you visit my blog :]

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.