January 2, 2015

Always With Yoo is now Winding Ridge Lane!




For a while I had been thinking about giving the blog a little face lift. I hadn't acted on it because I didn't know what I wanted. I kept going back and forth and ultimately all the ideas and wants in my head never really got organized.

A couple of months ago though I started to browse through some pre-made templates on Etsy and came across Lorelai Sebastian's shop and gravitated toward her Pretty Little Designs Blogger Theme. I purchased it and the file just sort of sat there in my Etsy account. And on my daily tasks list I made a note to myself to really sit down and think about how I want to re-categorize my blog and also plan on how I would like to improve it. And for days and weeks the task of doing this went unchecked. I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. 

You know, on the one hand, I'm a big planner, but sometimes I just act on impulse. And yesterday that's exactly what I did - one minute I was playing Dr. Mario and the next minute I found myself downloading the purchased blog template and changing the blog around. No planning, visioning or anything like that, just doing on pure impulse and feeling. 

I'm updating, tweaking and fixing as I go along. I still have a lot of dead links to fix, I don't like our profile picture much and I'm waiting word from the good folks over at Bloglovin on how to update my profile so that I don't have to create an entirely new one. I do worry about how people will find me in the meantime, but I am hopeful that many will via announcements through Instagram and Twitter. 

And our name. Oh, our name. 

What is the story behind your blog name? I'm seriously super curious. 

Our previous name, Always With Yoo, was just a spin off of another blog I once maintained, which was called With Yoo {and long long ago I had another blog called Our Life on the Big Computer Screen. So cheesy. That one went dead in less than a year.}. With Yoo was fancy - I had my own domain name (www.withyoo.com which is long gone now), hosted it on Bluehost and purchased an expensive template through Prophoto. This was all when I wanted to pursue professional photography. I had it for about two years and I was just tired of paying for a site that was only read by my best friend and my husband. Literally. 

Anyway, I never really liked the name Always With Yoo but when I first started the blog I never knew I would connect with so many people. And I didn't know I would love blogging so much. So before it got too late, I wanted to change the name. And a new name came to me immediately like it was supposed to our blog's name all along -- Winding Ridge Lane. It's the street of our first home. 

So here we are. Me, Yangkyu and Piri, embarking on a new journey in this space. I'm looking forward to what kind of stories unfolds here. 


PS -- Thanks for your encouraging words on Instagram when I made an announcement. It means a lot! 


34 comments

  1. Congrats on making the switch!!! I liked the named Always With Yoo, actually :). This new name definitely has more sentimental reasons. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't folks actually liked our previous blog name! Makes me giddy :) And Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. I recently did this so i know well the fear that people wont be able to find you and i am really glad that i follow you on instagram or else i'd have freaked out a bit because it did take me a while in truth to find you. Did you already email bloglovin' about the name change? What they do is switch your followers over to your new name.

    It took them 24 hours to get it done for me.

    Here's the link where they talk about it: http://help.bloglovin.com/knowledgebase/articles/214420-i-have-changed-my-blog-address-can-i-move-my-foll

    Also, if your interested, here is the post where i talked about what i did before i did it and how i made sure people could find me: http://sandalsandsunnies.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-great-deliberation-i-want-to-change.html

    Sorry if this comment appears cluttered with links, i hope one of the two helps ease the transition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember your blog post and it has been helpful! Unfortunately my switch is a little bit more frustrating and customer rep folks have been responsive and then they disappear. i have rehashed my situation and although one person reassured me that the switch can happen, I have followed up and a new customer rep is telling me something that I already gone over.. and I am waiting still five days later. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new name! The new space look great! Happy New Year Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Love the story behind your new blog name, suits you all very much!

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to click through on bloglovin and blogspot said alwayswithyoo had been deleted and I had a little panic until I googled it and found this through pinterest! The place looks great Jane! I hate my blog's name, I used it because it was the username i had for an old livejournal account and now I feel like I'm stuck with it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks so much for finding your way over here! i appreciate it! hopefully my bloglovin account will be resolved soon! and thanks for sharing the story of your blog name! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Love LOVE your new layout and of course was curious about your new name - how sweet, very perfect :) I love how you have started 2015 with a fresh new start as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  7. I must admit I did always like the name Always With Yoo, as it felt very personal but I can see why you have changed it. Your reasons make sense. I'm always glad we've connected via blogging, amazing how it happens actually.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a delight to hear! thanks for liking our previous name! :)

      Delete
  8. I really do love this new look, Jane! You did such a great job - although I would read your blog regardless of the aesthetics, it seems to suit you and is a nice fresh start to the new year :) x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the new blog!! I've updated you on my side links too.

    I like the new blog name.

    Our is WorshipBlues because I was stood on Worship Street in London when I decided to blog. I suppose it also refers to the tiresomeness of devoting our selves to "worshiping" stuff that we can leg go of in life. Weird.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yasumi! And I always enjoy your stories! And I love the story behind your blog name.

      Delete
  10. I'm a little sad about the name change. I've always liked Always with Yoo because it's so easy to remember and so clever. I will always think of you as Always with Yoo even with the name change. All the best on your "new" journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea people liked our previous blog name! Thanks for that :)

      Delete
  11. Love how the new blog looks (and the new name)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new blog look and name! I think it's so sweet and meaningful for you two :) I also think the aesthetics of the blog match your style perfectly. Hope the beginning of the year is going great, I guess with lots of work with the blog tweaking, I am thrilled to see the about page when it's ready and the image you're planning for the profile image, I like the one is now though xxx big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look! I was always looking out for new templates to use on the blog but never actually found one I really liked until one day I did something to mess up my old one and I was literally forced to look for a replacement pronto and I actually found it then!

    New Year's a good time for a refreshing change, here's to many more blogging years for Winding Ridge Lane! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new blog name! & the new layout is very modern and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on a new blog name. New name for the new year, it gives you a refreshing start and a new perspective. I freaked out when i couldn't find your blog. Thought you stopped blogging. How awesome you got a sewing machine, look forward to seeing your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jane! You made me jump! I was scrolling through some of your old posts and clicked - until blogger said your blog has been deleted. I panicked a bit, but found it through Google. And I'm loving it! I'm so excited for everything to come! I hope the bloglovin stuff works out just fine, I remember I only had to send an email telling I had made switch and asking if they could move my followers to the new one. But I guess it's not always easy. Be patient, I'm just very happy I refound your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was wondering why I didn't see any posts from you on my feed. I love the new name and blog design!! It's absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad that I found your blog again. I couldn't find it when I clicked on bloglovin, I'll need to add this new one to it. I love the new design and name. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot express how much I am in love with this new name and facelift! So stoked for you and excited to see where this blog takes you! Also I'm obsessed with Lorelai's Instagram...and her templates too apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm catching up on blog post and get them served backwards... and I was wondering why you changed the name. now I know. I like the make-over :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just doing some catching up and you had me panicked for a minute! i really thought your blog was gone! :( thank goodness for instagram! i saw your new address there! :) i loved the last name but definitely understand the need for change! i'm going something similar with my blog/shop......

    can't wait to see what the new year has in store for you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.