January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!


Last night, Yangkyu and I had it all planned out. We would play Dr. Mario, Mario Galaxy, Little Big Planet and Kingdom Hearts until the stroke of midnight. We would join the massive crowd at Times Square via TV 5 minutes before midnight, and I would, like I do every year, comment on how I could never stand to be in the cold like those brave people on 42nd Street. Then we would join loudly in the countdown and kiss and hug at the stroke of midnight. And while the partying continued for everyone else, we would call it a night and go to sleep and dream of all these expectations and hopes for the new year. 

And so after dinner we put our plan into motion. But after probably about 20 rounds of Dr. Mario Yangkyu started to get sleepy. It was 10 pm and way to early to call it a night on a night like New Years Eve. But I felt pretty beat, too. And so we, with the two dogs in tow, turned off all the lights, went upstairs and said good night early. 

We woke up at 7 am today and said Happy New Year to each other and to Piri and Murray with a little huddle time on the bed. We have a full size bed and with me and Yangkyu and the two dogs there wasn't a lot of wiggle room. But it felt good. It felt full of love and fur. 

It's 2015. We missed all the glitz and confetti and songs and hugs and cheers and woke up to a calm, quiet and peaceful morning. It was a refreshing feeling to wake up to; hopefully what I hope is a prelude to this year. Calm, quiet and peaceful. 

Yangkyu made ddukguk, or rice cake soup, this morning. We have it every New Year. A bowl symbolizes 1 year of getting older. And hopefully wiser, too. 

Hope 2015 will be wonderful, adventurous, thrilling, peaceful, tasty and happy for you and your loved ones. Happy New Year. 

23 comments

  1. Happy New Year! For all those small and beautiful moments, to never be overlooked. (It was until five in the morning for me and that's why I m enjoying my 'morning' now and it s around 16 h here:)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to all of you, Jane. And you know, all that NYE hoopla is overrated anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful way to bring in the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! hope yours was wonderful too!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm that looks delicious and happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Jane. Ours was super low key and i always like it that way. Your soup looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i love low key new year eves!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! Have the best year ever darling xx

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  7. NYE partying is so overrated! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy new year to you and Yangkyu, unni~!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuna! So nice to see you here :) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. That soup looks amazing and I think your New Years will be a lovely reflection of your 2015 :)
    Happy New Year guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks super yummy! And also that sounds like a truly perfect New Year's morning. I kind of wish I'd done that too...and I'm especially envious of you getting to wake up with puppy cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. as I said, I'm catching up on blogs backwards, and I know it's late, but I want to say happy 2015 right here nevertheless ;) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.