January 21, 2015

Hodoo, Sobe, Murray


This is Hodoo. A 2-year old toy poodle who stayed with us last week. I secretly called him Bilbo Baggins though because I think that fur of his makes him totally look like him. He came to Piri's Place all excited but as soon as his mama left he got all sad and had separation anxiety. He whimpered and waited by the front door. But by the second and third days he had come out of his shell and he played with us, he ate and slept like a champ. 



This guy is Sobe. He is a 13 year old mini poodle and he just left yesterday. He came very timid, shy and a little fearful too. He was a little anxious of Murray and growled when both Murray and Piri came close. It wasn't an aggressive growl, but more of a defensive one. Random noises startled him and made him jumpy. His steps were always slow, light and very careful. But once he figured out that I gave good massages and back scratches he asked for them any chance he got and followed me around like it was his job.

One afternoon Piri let us borrow his toy and Sobe and I spent some time out back playing fetch and tug of war. Sobe looked so happy and that made me happy, too. 

Right up until the moment his owner came to pick him up, he was asking to be petted. Thanks Sobe for being trusting and coming out of your shell with us. I hope you had a great time. 



You guys all know Murray. He's a 13 year old mix. And he's a big bear. It was his third time staying with us and the guy is still scared of the camera. Sometimes I had to hide in random places and wait until he appeared in the frame to get a picture of him. But I didn't take too much because I didn't want to stress him out. Murray is just a really chill and relaxed guy and his favorite place to rest is upstairs in Yangkyu's office on top of the futon. And he does this thing where he lies on his back and his eyes gets real big and his front paws are in begging position and he just waits for you to give him belly scratches. There is just something about bigger dogs doing this that is that much more cute and adorable. 


It's always a little sad to have our guests leave but I love seeing the reunion between dog and their humans. It's just one of the happiest sights I'll ever see. Smiles, kisses, tails wagging and a little barking, too. Such a great combination. 

Last but not least, our VIP, President, CEO, the guy who runs things around here. I'm talking about our Piri. I couldn't be more thankful for this guy having the warmest and sweetest temperament with our guests. Piri lets them play with all his toys, sleep on his bed and drink out of his water bowl without ever getting territorial. He also lets us give special attention to dogs who are a bit more scared than others, although we give the special attention right back to Piri when all the dogs have gone or during breaks - Yangkyu and I will take Piri alone upstairs or outside and share an apple or a sweet potato. Piri's Place wouldn't be Piri's Place without this sweet cocker spaniel running things around here. 

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning the house. This is my routine -- cleaning before and after all guests come and go. Vacuuming, laundry, scrubbing, dusting. It felt good. Like another job well done sort of feeling.

We're not expecting another guest until next week so we'll be enjoying some time off. We also have a special treat for Piri this weekend and can't wait for him to find out what it is. 

Here's to doing things you love. I'm thankful I get to take care of dogs and take pictures of them, too. Two of my favorite things to do. 

26 comments

  1. Soooo cute, I actually thought the first picture of the dog was a stuffed animal dog at first, sooo sweet!! Love dogs :)))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Piri is such a sweetheart! those puppies that visited you guys are so adorable too :)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable dogs!!! i want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great that you have repeat guests like Murray! & Hats off to Piri for being such a gracious host {must take after his human}!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys, I love the documentation of Piri's Place though your blog. Dig it so much.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guests are just too too adorable, Jane. And so is the CEO, of course:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so fun to see your doggy guests. I'm sure they all enjoy their time there with Piri and you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, this was so cute! I love the snippets of your 'guests'! I was wondering how they coped, when their owners first dropped them off. Just like kids and 'adults' their can be some anxiousness and nervousness. You really make them feel at ease. You have that special touch! Keep it up!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dogs are so cute, and I'm loving the photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great loving company pack at your home c:
    Haha Bilbo Bagging sure is a cutiepie! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sobe is so freaking cute! Lol did you see those J. Crew poses? It's still so cool to me that you guys have a dogvacay in your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet all these doggies love coming to your house! So much love they get! And I love that Piri is understanding! haha I don't think Bosco would be! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwww - they are all so cute and sweet. and piri is such a good host :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness you certainly had a full house! Props to you dog momma, you do such a great job with them

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you do what you love!! Those little sweeties are lucky to have you!!! And they are so adorable!!! Have a great Thursday Jane! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yikes they are all so cute, Murray being camera shy just makes him even cuter too! Go Piri for being such a good sport and making everyone feel welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Jane; HODOO, SOBE, MURRAY, all of the doggies are so lovely♡♡♡ Yes, I also thought that the hodoo must be the stuffed doll p:-) I wish to have the ife with dog (haha, must have said many times), murray does have a slight Japanese kind of look♪
    I hope you are doing well and sorry for my recent absence, wishing you are having a wonderful week、Dear young friend.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  19. whenever i visit your blog, the photos of Piri and all the other dogs are so heartwarming :)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy dog sitting is going well :-) I wish you lived around here so I could drop Toby off sometimes, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take in Toby in a heartbeat! :)

      Delete
  21. I loved meeting all these sweet pups. It's always so wonderful to see guests you have in your home. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh this is just so, so sweet. and what a great friend and host Piri was! I'm sure they had the best time. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww this is such cute post! I've always loved your photos but I especially love the ones with fur babies! So much adorableness going on!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These pictures are adorable! I'm so wildly envious of you getting to hang out with so many dogs like this haha. Murray's shyness is too cute to handle. And Piri is SO SWEET gah what a perfect little host!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.