January 7, 2015

Knitted lately (the hat edition)


From top left going clockwise: 

01 // Mini Helsinki Hat: I actually got the kit from Wool and the Gang and messed it up the first time around. I was discouraged but then did another go at it using yarn from Lion Brand and I was able to finish it looking kind of like what it's supposed to. I am not quite sure about the size though. The pattern I used is supposed to fit children ages 5-10 but it looks awfully small for that age group in my eyes. Or maybe not. Not too sure. I am itching to get the kit for the adult version of the Helsinki Hat because the ones with ear flaps are my favorite kind of hats. 

02 // Knit Hat by Lion Brand: Yangkyu asked me if I could knit a hat for his niece in Korea. I found this free pattern on Ravelry and ta-da. I hope she likes it. 

03 // Cable Knit Hat: I talked about this one here. It was my first attempt at a cable knit pattern. And it's in my favorite color. 

04 // The Accidental Slouchy Hat: This was actually supposed to be a hat for Yangkyu's niece but I ended up using bigger needles than listed in the pattern and it was just way to slouchy and big for a little girl's head. So I call this the accidental slouchy hat. Me and Yangkyu take turns wearing it. I didn't know he liked the slouchy style so much. 

What are you knitting up lately?

36 comments

  1. These hats are so cute!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crafting skills! My favs are the hat you're wearing and the mustard because the color is super gorgeous to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing knits! Always in awe how you are making loads in the short period of time. I need to knit/ crochet more but always don't know where to look for free patterns, which is suitable for beginners etc.. perhap you can write up a little guide post for beginners? Just an idea so no pressure!

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think part of it is my impatient personality! I just need to finish as fast as I can. I should slow down and enjoy the process :) And the little guide post is a great idea! I'll try to think of something! Thanks for planting the seed!

      Delete
  4. These are so adorable. Seeing your hats make me want to try knitting again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll pick it up again!

      Delete
  5. I love the knitted hats so much! I'm thinking of attempting a cable one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! How exciting! I am looking for more patterns that has cable knits because they are truly so fun to do! :)

      Delete
  6. You've been on a real roll with your knitting Jane! My husband likes slouchy style hats too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah ha! Another slouchy style fan ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi fellow knitter:)
    These look wonderful! I'm actually also working on a hat right now. As I recently finished a lovely shawl and wanted a hat to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hello! I am working on shawl now! I hope your hat turns are great!

      Delete
  8. They all look so good! Wish you would open an etsy shop. If you do, just remember to make sizes for big heads like me. LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha. I'm a little scared to open shop - there are so many more great knitters who have shops. Eep!

      Delete
  9. i love them all, but especially the one that you're modelling! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look wonderful! My favorite is the cable knit hat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my fave is your cable hat! I love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, these hats are so cute!!

    uhhsandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you go Jane! The collection of hats that you have created are just fantastic! Man do you have skills!!! So inspired by you!! Keep em coming buddy! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah they're all so cute! I like the little details like the ear flaps and the pom pom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! Ear flaps and string ties are so cute in knit hats! :) and you rock knit hats, they always look adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable hats! How do you have time to do anything else since you're knitting so much :)? I've stopped making scarves for now, but loved doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. your recent posts about knitting inspired me. so much so that the husband actually purchased yarn and a kit for me to get started what I stopped so long ago! I hope I can pick it up!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love knitted hats, the one on the right at the bottom is too cute, I like when they have the little ball on the top of them as well :))) It makes me want to shake my head when I wear it, haha :)) Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. OBSESSED with the one that you're wearing! I need one too haha. Make them available in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww! love all the hats!! What type of yarn do you you (especially that mustard colored one)?? <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I admire your skill. They look so cozy!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.