January 22, 2015

Light and fluffy snow for a slightly heavy heart. And a visitor.


Yesterday was one of those days when my heart went from one happy end of the spectrum to the not so happy end of the spectrum in a hot minute. I kept it in, although I contemplated whether to reach out to a woman I recently befriended to try and talk about. But I decided to rely on my trusted boys to open up to; Yangkyu who I messaged at work and Piri who I nudged, cuddled and talked to while he looked at me with his sleepy eyes. 

Snow started to fall and it was so light and fluffy and carefree. Such a stark difference to what I was feeling. If you saw me though you probably wouldn't have guessed that I was feeling down. I've become good at hiding those emotions. But when I'm alone or in the companion of Yangkyu and Piri, I am able to break down my barriers and cry and show how I feel.

And then I got a call from the friend who I had thought about reaching out to earlier that day. She wondered if she could come by with some food so we can talk and keep each other company. It was like she read my mind. 

So she came over with some kim bap {my favorite} and o-deng and coupled with some hot tea we chatted and got to know each other more in the process. I laughed, I cried and I was thankful that I felt so comfortable opening up to her. I usually shy away from making new friends and getting close, but there are some people who I  just feel so comfortable with from the beginning.

Time flowed quickly and it was already getting dark out by the time she left. I felt as though my heart got a healthy dose of therapy. I felt better. And things didn't look so bad after all. 

22 comments

  1. I'm glad that you had a friend to talk to Jane. I know it's hard to open up to a new person but I find that when you talk about problems, etc..you always feel better after :) It's just nice to have a friend.

    *sending you a virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to have friends like that. Glad you are feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your photos! What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you here! I use Canon 7d!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that you had a friend while you were feeling down. It's sweet to have relationships like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in energy and the flow of thoughts and connections. So glad that it came to be that she reached out to you in that moment and you both were able to enjoy some good company!!! You are a wonderful person Jane. Wishing you all good things friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is moments like those, talks with companions like those we could never put a price to....
    May you be enthused :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking things out always seems to relieve the heart. Wishing you the best. Very glad to hear you had someone who could be reached out to and that you trusted too. Best best wishes to you...
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the universe was looking out for you, and I am so glad for the serendipitous time with your friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing how your friend called you when you needed someone most. That type of incident happened to me a few times when I constantly thought about someone and that person called or visited. I am glad you feel better by opening up and talking to someone you could trust. Cherish that special friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so great that your friend reached out just when you needed her. Friendships like those are precious. Glad you're feeling a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww this is lovely, I'm a big believer in messages getting across without words and that we're all much more connected then we think or can visually see :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww I'm glad things aren't bad. I'm glad you had someone to talk to. It's always best having someone to talk to. Wishing you the best. Lovely photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am so glad your friend came over and you were able to get it out, sometimes we need that without even knowing it and sometimes releasing it with others is a great thing too, friends are wonderful :)) Am glad you feel better <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad your friend could be there for you! Hope you're feeling better and hanging in there <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. hot tea, good food, and a listening ear from a friend is the perfect kind of therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's your angel Jane! God always sends you somebody. You needed someone to talk to. Glad you two could connect. Hope things work out and you feel better doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this photos! the one with your shoes is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm an introvert myself and we depend on those loyal friends who know just how to draw us out and make us shine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad that you found your comfort Jane! I also can seem to open about feeling bad with my friends, I usually can only be completely open with Dani (& Juno, but she is a good listener but not very good giving advice ;P). I have one single girl friend with whom we both are open to each other about feelings and sometimes the confession time feels good but others terrible :) - btw, love all the details in your images, beautiful silent moments

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so lovely when a friend can just read your mind like that. I'm glad you were able to open up and feel better <3

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.