February 3, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes


Yangkyu made chicken pot pie cupcakes early one morning over the weekend. It filled our house with amazing smells from the oven and filled our tummies with much welcomed comfort food.

The original recipe called for some herbs that we didn't have on hand so we ended up winging parts of preparation process. 

What we used 
 + Four pieces of frozen chicken breast (from Trader Joe's)
 + 1 small can of cream of chicken soup
 + 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables 
 + 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
 + 1 can of buttermilk biscuits in a tube (from Trader Joe's)
 + Sprinkles of dried basil, oregano, thyme, ground black pepper

Directions 
 01 // Preheat oven 400 F
 02 // In a big bowl, mix together cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese and herbs and ground black pepper. 
 03// Grease muffin tin. 
 04// Flatten pieces of the buttermilk biscuits and place inside each muffin tin cup. Let it overflow  a little instead of fitting perfectly in each cup.
 05// Spoon in filling mixture into each cup. 
 06 // Bake for 15 minutes. 

We loved it so much that we're thinking of doing variations of it for morning breakfasts on the go. Maybe beating some eggs with bacon, green onions and a little bit of cheese for the filling. 

**We only used 1 tube of buttermilk biscuits but the filling probably calls for 2. We ended up refrigerating leftover fillings, bought another tube and made a few more this morning. 

21 comments

  1. Ooooo...this looks so good and sounds easy enough to do. Thanks for sharing this recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so delicious! I wish chicken pot pie was a thing in japan, but unfortunately not haha
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is making me so hungry!! Looks delicious Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't see me! Thank goodness! I was just doing fist pumps and little jig when I saw this post!! CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS!!!! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord what a color contrast! It's a shame I don't
    eat meat any longer :c perhaps I can replace the
    chicken with tofu? :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious! I can't wait to try out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I love the idea of a savory cupcake. I'll have to have a go at this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooooling thinking about these! They look and sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good and I'm bookmarking this page to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, these look amazing! I've never heard of savoury cupcakes before, but they look like the perfect thing for lunch on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when your house gets filled with tasty aromas and how awesome to have a husband who bakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks and sounds AMAZING!! Chicken pot pie is my fave comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks delicious! My husband loves pot pies, too. I'll have to give this one a try. =) Thanks for sharing!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, those look so delicious! Sometimes I dont want a large quantity. This is perfect!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! These look delicious! Will definitely pass on the recipe to Charles and see what he can whip up! Thanks for sharing Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so good, I love it ;))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love chicken pot pie AND anything in cupcake form, so I'm definitely bookmarking this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look so yummy!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look delicious! Added them to my cooking board in Pinterest :) I'm not sure if I could find chicken cream easily (would Campbell's be good too?) but maybe I would try to do it myself using my mom's homemade chicken broth (cheating a little ;P)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.