February 12, 2015

Custom Ceramic Pet Bowls


We have been meaning to switch over to ceramic bowls for Piri for a while after we noticed that he sometimes hesitated to drink and eat out of his stainless steel bowls. We thought there were several reasons for this behavior, including possibly the bowls itself. So, we were thrilled to finally receive a package yesterday containing this custom ordered ceramic pet bowl from Sunshine Pottery & Ceramics.

I had placed the order back in December and patiently waited until it was ready to be shipped. Tracy of Sunshine Pottery & Ceramics is based in Canada and she hand makes each bowl, which takes up to 5-6 weeks to make. We placed our order during probably what is one of the busiest times, Christmas, and so I think our order took a teeny bit longer. Since we were ordering from the states, the shipping cost was expensive but after browsing a while on Etsy, we liked Tracy's bowls the best and didn't mind at all the cost and time frame for the hand made item to be finalized.

We got the 7-inch bowl which seemed to be the right size for our dog and his meals. Piri ate from it last night and I only regret not getting it for him sooner. He'll now be enjoying his morning and evening wet food meals and his afternoon steamed sweet potato snack from his new snazzy bowl. We picked up another ceramic bowl for his water at a local pet store, too.

Oh, there are bowls for cat lovers too --  here and here

29 comments

  1. Piri is so lucky to have you, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this bowl before and thought about purchasing it too. But Louie is like a beast when it comes to feeding time, and she knocks over her bowls sometimes if she is feeling extremely feisty or hangry (hungry + angry), so I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea in her situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. For our first dog, we got him customized food and water bowls too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a special touch for our furry friends, no? :)

      Delete
  4. aw I love how this turned out. =) I hope Piri likes it too!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable. I want to get one for my little doggy. <3
    /Madison
    Burlap Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely!! Just lovely, and thanks for the heads up on the bowls for cats, that is interesting that Piri would not drink out of the stainless steal. Hmm.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks alicia! i didn't suspect that it was the bowl but a few folks on instagram pointed out that it might be! so odd and so great at the things we learn from friends we connect with online!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing this Jane! I'm going to need a customized bowl for my little Curry and Lily! Such an adorable bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It makes so much sense to use ceramic for your sweetie as I am kinda done with plastic. Even for the beans I use ceramic though some moms think I'm crazy...I just don't like the idea of the chemicals. Such a pretty dish Jane! Happy night to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! you're an amazing mama and your kids are so great for learning how to eat with ceramic. i think it's great! and yes! chemical free!

      Delete
  9. That is sooo pretty! Gremlin doesn't drink out of his stainless steel water bowl either, perhaps I should try the ceramic route as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah how interesting! i never suspected it would be the bowl but some folks on instagram mentioned it to me based on their experience. i thought it was interesting!

      Delete
  10. What a cute bowl! I can see why he would prefer it to boring, ol', stainless steel ;)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's beautiful! Is it weird I kind of want one... for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cat also is reluctant about drinking in steel bowls. Never quite got why so we had to switch to ceramic also. Anyway I love this bowl, it's really adorable !

    Charlie xx
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the doggie version with the bone, and specially the colors you chose! :) Juno also drinks & eats from ceramic bowls, when we first adopted her we read that it seems to be the best material for cats, I now can't remember why, but it is working fine for her. I've been lately thinking of buying her some new bowls and mat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are just too cute! I love the bone with piri's name on it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.