February 20, 2015

Lucky


Do you hear me, I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky oh, my, baby, I'm trying




Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel you whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard


A long time ago, Yangkyu and I found this amazing couple singing along to Lucky by Jason Mraz and even had videos breaking down the female and male versions {and of course I can no longer find those videos..darn!}. We practiced and practiced and practiced - while cooking, driving and before going to sleep and we finally went to noraebang {you know, those private rooms you get so you can sing your heart out?} and we sang it. And recorded it. And while it didn't quite sound like those amazing people on Youtube it was still ok. Well.. maybe just ok enough for us to hear. 

I really hate the way I came out in the last picture but I'm slowly trying to be nicer to myself and say that I don't always look so bad. Sometimes we're our harshest critics right? 

What do you have planned for the weekend? 

We have an 8-week old Westie staying with us right now and so it'll be just us and the dogs. I'm also going to look through a vegetable gardening book Yangkyu got for me for Valentine's Day. He snuck that one and a cute little card up on me just minutes before Valentine's Day was going to end. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

29 comments

  1. What a sweet idea for you two to do together! I LOVE that song <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these candid shots of you guys! So cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Jane, that last pic is seriously fab! You look so happy:)
    Have a fab weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you two are the cutest couple! love how these photos turned out. and thats awesome you guys can practice singing together, wish i could do that too! haha :)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We definitely are our harshest critics. I really like that last picture of you, I can feel your joy and laughter through the screen, you look beautiful !!
    Sounds like a nice relaxed week-end. I'm gonna try to write some blog posts and get some reading done today and will probably be seeing my sister tomorrow. Nothing too exciting but lovely time all the same.


    xx, Charlie.
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! hope you got everything you set out to get done!

      Delete
  6. Such stunning photos of you both just kicking back and soaking in the love! Love this! And that song sounds amazing! You stay warm and have a fun weekend with those pups!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The love between the both of you is always so evident - I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super sweet! I vote for letting us here your rendition :) You guys look super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos. I'm trying to recall the song Lucky. Ok, I'm now looking it up on Youtube. This weekend is all about packing for us. It's a breath of fresh air to read your post amidst the stress. Have a lovely weekend to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are funny!

    This weekend has been nice but now I'm a little stressed with what I'm got ahead for the week. Need to get organised.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are the worst critics :-) I also have to be reminded to be nicer to myself!
    Katie // Lublyou

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane, you are so beautiful!!! These are fabulous photos of you. I love your hair off your face! Very beautiful features. That was cute that you guys did a duet together. Really nice.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, you two are so so sweet! I also engage Dani on singing with me duet songs while at home ;) you got me smiling so much with your story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the singing practice and recording could easily be every couple's dream! i hope you two cherish each other forever and always :')

    oh i think u look sweet and the way you write reflects your intelligence and inner beauty and you already win in life!

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm digging all this luxuriousness I'm seeing in these glimpses of your Punta Cana trip! You and your hubby are so cute, I love that you guys practiced Lucky and sang it in front of people. I hope my one day hubby can be just as smitten with me lol. And girl, you look beautiful. Happy, alive, and in love - just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are definitely our own harshest critics...you look beautiful and happy in ALL of these pictures! And that's a really really really sweet story to accompany these :]

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.