February 26, 2015

Snowing right now

A few days ago we were dumped with about 4 or maybe 5 inches of snow. I normally would have dreaded it but it turns out our current DogVacay guest, Nala, loves snow so much. As her human put it in one of our conversations during my daily update to her, "Nala may have been a polar bear in another life!" I think so. Her playfulness has also rubbed off on Piri and all of us, too. We all went outside and built a lopsided snowman whose head resembled Crayon Shin-chan, had a snow ball fight and ran around slipping and sliding and some patches of ice. 

At Punta Cana we met a family from Syracuse, New York. I knew because one of the little boys was wearing a Syracuse tee shirt. I remarked how I went to school there and we immediately began to talk about the harsh cold snowy winters. Snow is the one conversation starter I don't have trouble with when I meet people from upstate New York. 

It's snowing again right now. And it's again one of those pretty snow falls where each flake is big and fluffy. But I'm hoping that it's the last snowfall before it's officially spring. 


24 comments

  1. You make the cold look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those same snowboots! That first photo of Piri's snow covered face made me crack up :-) He seems much happier snuggled up in a pile of blankets, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, it looks like all of you had a blast playing in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the first photo with snow all over Piri's face makes me laugh. Did he put his face down onto the snow to sniff it? He's so adorable. I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he kind of rubbed his face all over the snow! but i think it was because his ears were bothering him :(

      Delete
  5. So cute to see him in all that now:) He would love Canada:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, such adorable photos! I think that is the cutest dog I have ever seen :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I love your photography skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so precious! I love how that the pup is playing the snow! And the comparison to a polar bear is so funny!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos yet again! Piri is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :o so much snow! These photos are so cute haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my. we are having the first sunny day of the week [no snow] and it feels decidedly like spring. I can't even imagine to deal with all that snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so fun! I didn't know you went to school in Syracuse...I grew up there. Certainly prepares us for the snow and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable dog ! Although I'm really waiting for a proper spring by now, I wish we would have had just a little bit of snow this year in south of France. I can never not be amazed at how pretty everything looks when it's covered in white.

    xx, Charlie.
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the contrast between the cold outside world and the super warm inside one and how cute Nala got you all in the spirit of snow play :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow you guys did get a thick blanket of snow. piri looks so good Jane! dogs love to snuggle in their blankets. great shots of him.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a warm and cozy home you have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. piri is one little angel awhh i wanna hug him <3
    its amazing how animals adapt themselves to the weather so well


    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww Piri! I can't believe it snows so much some places and not at all in others. We had a snow storm scare last week around this time and nada happened, maybe a few hail pieces -_- Anyway, it's why I'm loving posts like this. I can live vicariously through your snow memories lol. I totally agree with what your last statement implied: I am SO ready for spring to be here like now

    ReplyDelete
  19. Piri in the snow is the cutest thing ever! :) You have such a great eye to capture details in your pictures. Oh! and love your snowman and your snow booties (wish I could justify to buy them, but I don't live in a snow weather place)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Piri in the snow is the cutest thing ever!! Also I can't believe how tiny Nala is.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.