March 4, 2015

My husband lives with a crazy person


That was what our eating table looked like a couple of days ago - Monday.

I had decided that I wanted to paint our walls white and so on Sunday I dragged Yangkyu to Home Depot, picked up supplies and went on painting the next morning. This happened right after our 8-week old Westie guest, Nala, and Napoleon the doxie had gone home. 

It was a particularly crazy thing to do now that I look back on what just happened. 

You see Nala was a great guest. A super cute one, but she was also a puppy and puppies need a lot of care and attention and cleaning up after. And the thing we didn't know about Westie puppies was that they like to wake up every two hours during the night and cry. I think it was because she was still getting used to being away from her litter and sleeping alone was making her feel sad. We had her crate and then later playpen situated right next to us but she still seemed a bit wary. And so almost every night it was waking up at midnight, then at 2 am, then at 4 am and then at 6 am when we would start the day anew. 

Those were my 10 or so days with this little girl -- running on some very funky sleeping pattern, not being able to shower for a couple of days because any free time I had I wanted to just sit like a zombie and space out or I needed to eat or take care of Piri or look after other household chores that needed to get done. I also began to take an infertility supplement that I found out had a sleeping agent in it and so throughout all this I was feeling terribly terribly sleepy.

I hope I'm not making this sound like it was a bad experience - it was anything but. Nala just stole our hearts with her mannerisms and antics and it was a lot of fun having her around. At the same time though, it was an all around the clock work to look after her. 

And so you can imagine how shocked Yangkyu must've been when I decided to drag him to Home Depot because I needed to switch up the wall colors.

My impatient fickle personality. Of course I would want to change up the wall colors now. I have the best timing ever. 

So on Monday while Yangkyu was at work I began to prep our walls to paint. I started at 8 am but by the time noon rolled around the mess that was our living room was beginning to feel overwhelming and I began to have that oh so uncertain feeling that this was a pretty bad idea. I was tired to begin with but I had insisted that I could finish the living room, double coating all the walls, in one day by myself without any help. Of course I had to finish in one day because I needed Tuesday to put our furniture back to where they belonged and clean up in time for another DogVacay guest to come and stay with us {which is today}. 

I'm crazy. And I'm super sore right now. But the living room is almost done. Just a few more touches. But the important thing is that all the furniture is all back where they are supposed to be and the vacuuming is done and dusting too. All we have now is the entryway, kitchen and the entire upstairs -- oy that feels a bit daunting. It's worth it though. And I am really pleased with how our living room looks now. So bright and airy.

Hey. You want to know the most ridiculous part about this whole thing? 

The chalkboard wall is back in its original spot when we first moved in last July. And that weird blue wall and our white shelving and gallery wall I insisted on replacing the original chalkboard wall space?

Gone.

Happy Hump Day!


23 comments

  1. Haha oh my gosh, Jane! You are so motivated. I don't think I could've done all the prepping AND painting all by myself. I mean, I guess I should be physically capable to do it but I wouldn't be motivated enough. I love that it feels bright and airy -- perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Jane, you are too funny. But you know, I can relate. Once you have an idea in your head, it's hard to stop the train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'm as motivated as you are. I'm impatient, but after thinking about all the work to be done, I usually talk myself out of it, lol! There's still so many unfinished projects around our house. I'm hoping we'll be able to finish them before the kids leave for college :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get that way when I have an idea in my head sometimes too. Sounds like it was all worth it which is all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's actually pretty funny lol I like how much of a busybody you seem to be. And impulsive too lol. Your creativity and whims cannot be contained! Nala sounds like good kind of trouble, probably because she's a puppy and I inherently think puppies are the sweetest cutest things lol. Happy to hear you reached your goal though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I recall going through that with a puppy. I use to have a puppy that would sleep with me and bark at my stomach when it growled. Wow you really go to town when you get a bee in your bonnet!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your space will turn out perfect, just like the rest of your home! I wanted to do a chalkboard wall too, but I'm too lazy -er, do not have enough time! Congrats on the new dog??! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous! I wish I can paint my walls but since we're renting out the place, I can't do so. A chalkboard board is definitely on my list to do whenever I get my own place though! Hopefully your sleeping patterns get situated. I know how it is to not be able to sleep the whole night through! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww puppies definitely are needy but soooo sweet and cute. good luck with getting the painting done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HaHaHa Jane! You have been SUPER DUPER busy girl! Well I'm glad everything turned out well. It sounds beautiful!.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Jane! I got tired just by reading this! hope you can get some good rest soon...and can;t wait to see your new walls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA! Can't wait to see it buddy! If your crazy I'm crazy too! Im glad you will be able to get some sleep again! Some of us are just really connected to our spaces....me included so I get it! Pictures please!!! Happy end to your week!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh Jane haha! I know the feeling though, something seems like such a good idea till you start it and realise it might not be but you have to see it through anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! At least you've had it all sorted out! That's the most important thing. Yea, sometimes lack of sleep can get one pretty cranky. I had my moments too and yea, the poor guys have to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol you make me laugh Jane, definitely something I could see myself doing :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol, I know what you are talking about. if I get something in my head, it needs to get done straight away too, no matter how unreasonable or unrealistic my expectations are :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to switch things up, and hey, if it comes after 10 days or dodgy sleep patterns and what-not then so be it!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  18. all these interior changes got me so excited! cant wait to see the outcome!

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahhaa so much fun to read Jane! and I can totally relate, Dani has even given a name to my "crazy" stare when I'm looking around the apartment trying to visualize the changes I would like to make ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well look at the bright side - crazy is never boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just read your interview on The Indie Blythe and LOVED IT!!!!! You are so awesome- thank you for being a wonderful example for women across the world. :) I hope you can stop by my blog too(link below). <3


    God bless,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhopeblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! thank you so so much for your wonderful words! xx

      Delete
  22. That's so sad about Nala getting used to sleeping without her litter :[ But congrats on the new paint set up, it sounds like you really love it :]

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.