April 21, 2015

Blogger Profiles: Yasumi of Worshipblues



I like to think I was born fearless and wild and I get upset with myself when I do not live up to these qualities. I think life in UK has done something to make me more fearful, or perhaps it is age. When I was a child growing up in Kenya I grew up quite wild and was allowed many freedoms to roam and explore from very young. Because of this,  I saw many things that are hidden away from children these days especially in UK. Like animals making a kill. The blood would turn the grass red and stain their faces but that would not scare or repel me. I understood from young that the ways of life and survival are harsh. I once came across a man slaughtering a goat in our local market and my mother shrugged and told me that that is where our meat was coming from that evening. That night I ate my barbequed meat and I quietly thanked the goat. I thought the best way that I could respect the goat was to eat every little bit of meat that my father gave me because wasting it would be wrong. He understood and told me that I must do the same with my rice to show respect for the Japanese farmers who give up their backs to provide good rice for us. Up till this day, I cannot waste food. Yet here in London, I see mountains of food going to waste. It is hard for me to understand the thinking behind it.

Yasumi
London, UK


 // The Blogger Profiles on Winding Ridge Lane is inspired by the stories of people on Humans of New York. For this series, bloggers share snippets of their life -- their random thoughts, unforgettable memories, whimsical dreams, goals, their closeted fears, life hacks, beautiful mentors, people who make them laugh, their trials and tribulations and more. You can read more Blogger Profiles here

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.